What Do JWs Think Of Those Like Us That Have Left?

by minimus 29 Replies latest jw friends

• apostatethunder
    apostatethunder

I don't remember thinking about apostates at all.

When they were mentioned I used to regard them as crazy or evil, as they were always doing crazy or evil things such as disturbing Conventions and critizising Jehovah's Witnesses on the TV.

And here I am, posting in an apostate website with an apostate name.

• Nitty-Gritty
    Nitty-Gritty

@newleaver1

You might need to re-read spme of what I said.

In any case, to answer your question, this is not about shunning underage children. As you say, parents are responsible to bring their children up. So if a child is disfellowshipped, or the parent of an underage child is disfellowshipped, that does not interfere with normal familial relationship. The parents are still responsible to provide and take care of the child. (The same goes for the husband and wife, if one of them is disfellowshipped they are still husband and wife and act accordingly). But when the child is of legal age, and moves out, then the shunning may begin because the parents are no longer responsible for the young adult.

• Nitty-Gritty
    Nitty-Gritty

@Longlivetherenegades

Sorry, I don't quite understand your questions...

• Longlivetherenegades
    Longlivetherenegades

@ Nitty-Gritty

What I am trying to state is You are a PIMI that FILTERS and you are not strictly bound to the position of those taking the LEAD in your midst going by your comment on AM latest videos on apostates.

• Simon
    Simon

They are usually told BS stories about us. I remember hearing them about other people, and later realized they just didn't buy into the baloney any more.

They have to try to ruin your character and make you "untouchable" lest you pass on information to those still in.

• Nitty-Gritty
    Nitty-Gritty

@longlivetherenegades

"What I am trying to state is You are a PIMI that FILTERS "

I think I'm just being realistic, and I hope, fair.

• Tantalon
    Tantalon

I think most of them could not care less unless you try and talk to them! Then they seriously panic! HaHa....used to be fun, now I could not be bothered. Must be nearly over it all, yay!

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

Nitty-Gritty

Joined 6 years ago

wow..a real live pimi --been on here 6 years--posted 188 times...and still pimi ?

whats your secret ?

• Nitty-Gritty
    Nitty-Gritty

@stan livedeath

"Joined 6 years ago

wow..a real live pimi --been on here 6 years--posted 188 times...and still pimi" ?

whats your secret" ?

Hmmm...good question. I suppose it's because I am convinced about a few fundamental things, and the rest, like I said, I am just realistic about. No surprises, seen it, been there, done that.

"a real live PIMI" makes me feel like some exotic creature. There are more of us out there.....

• jp1692
    jp1692

Who the fuck cares what they think about us? They don’t CARE about us so why should we CARE about them?

We shouldn’t.

Quit looking backwards. Look forward, and live your life courageously, free and authentically.

Be who you could have been, should have been and would have been had you never been in this goddamned, fucking cult. Only now you’ll be stronger, wiser and more compassionate for the experience.

In other words, you’re a better person because of it. You endured. You survived. You overcame, triumphant.

Living well is the best revenge.

jp

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit