Things which must shortly take place!

by PJ Delaney 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• PJ Delaney
    PJ Delaney

Things that must shortly take place..

The true understanding of the “generation” mentioned at Matthew 24:34 may soon be revealed!

Please watch the one minute YouTube video and read the explanation in the videos description.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=n3i81UOCM4k

• PJ Delaney
    PJ Delaney

Video Discription...

After much prayerful reflection on the Scriptures, I have come to the realisation that the true identity of the “generation” Jesus spoke of at Matthew 24:34 may soon be revealed. There Jesus said, “This generation will by no means pass away until all these things occur.” I think the understanding Jehovah’s Witnesses currently hold on this scripture is incorrect.

I believe that Joel chapter 2 has a second fulfillment in the last days of this complete world system, just as it had in the last days of the Jewish system at Pentecost 33 CE. Jehovah’s Holy Spirit must be poured out AGAIN in these last days! I think Jehovah’s Witnesses may be getting a true spirit anointing in the near future and that this is the generation Jesus spoke of.

The sealing of the figurative 144,000 actually consists of a huge number of people impossible to count, from all nations tribes peoples and tongues. (Revelation 7). This sealing begins with an outpouring of Holy Spirit. This will happen just as in the first century Christ’s followers were sealed from Pentecost onwards. It will be a true restoration of pure worshipp.

The sign Jesus gave identifying the last days in Matthew 24 (wars, famine etc.) is yet future. The great preaching work Jehovah’s Witnesses must do is also yet future, during the great tribulation. The preaching work up to now could be compared to that of John the Baptist. It is a baptism of repentance for forgiveness of sins leading to something bigger. (See Malachi 3:1)

If Jehovah wants to anoint an organisation, it would need to be practicing pure worship, but also for the most part not be made up of annointed Christians already. Only Jehovah’s people fit those criteria. The Generation that will see Armageddon is the generation that witnesses the birth of the new spiritual Israelite nation.

Jesus told his followers to “Learn from the fig tree when it’s branch grows tender and puts forth leaves.” (Matthew 24:32-34). The fig tree putting forth leaves represents the rebirth of the new Spiritual Israelite nation. In the Bible the fig tree is used to represent Israel. (For example: when Jesus earlier cursed the fig tree he used it to represent the judgment that was to come upon Israel.)

Compare: Ezekiel 37 - In the vision of the valley of dry bones, Jehovah puts his spirit into the bones and they live. See also: Isaiah 66:8; Isaiah 60:22.

• Betheliesalot
    Betheliesalot
    just a short list of those who predicted things that never happened and yours is prominent among these failures. Take a hard look and realized you've been hoodwinked and move on and enjoy your one life. This list is from Wikipedia as "end of world predictions" with many others left off to show a point that Mr Russell was not the first or the last.
    1874Charles Taze RussellThis Christian minister predicted the return of Jesus to occur in 1874, and after this date reinterpreted the prediction to say that Jesus had indeed returned in invisible form.[88]
    [89]
    1881Mother Shipton (attrib.)This 15th-century prophet was quoted as saying "The world to an end shall come, In eighteen hundred and eighty one" in a book published in 1862. In 1873 it was revealed to be a forgery; however, this did not stop some people from expecting the end.[90]
    1890WovokaThe founder of the Ghost Dance movement predicted in 1889 that the Millennium would occur in 1890.[91]
    1901Catholic Apostolic ChurchThis church, founded in 1831, claimed that Jesus would return by the time the last of its 12 founding members died. The last member died in 1901.[92]
    23 Apr 1908Michael Paget BaxterThe last of numerous apocalyptic predictions by this Anglican evangelist and author; this prediction was published in 1894.[93]
    1910Camille FlammarionFlammarion predicted that the 1910 appearance of Halley's Comet "would impregnate that atmosphere and possibly snuff out all life on the planet", but not the planet itself. "Comet pills" were sold to protect against toxic gases.[83]
    [94]
    1892–1911Charles Piazzi SmythThis pyramidologist concluded from his research on the dimensions of the Great Pyramid of Giza that the Second Coming would occur somewhere between 1892 and 1911.[95]
    1914Charles Taze RussellRussell said "...the battle of the great day of God Almighty... The date of the close of that 'battle' is definitely marked in Scripture as October 1914. It is already in progress, its beginning dating from October, 1874."[96]
    1915John ChilembweThis Baptist educator and leader of a rebellion in the British protectorate of Nyasaland predicted the Millennium would begin this year.[91]
    1918International Bible Students Association"Christendom shall be cut off and glorification of the Little Flock (The Church) in the Spring of 1918 A. D."[97]
    1920International Bible Students AssociationIn 1918, Christendom would go down as a system to oblivion and be succeeded by revolutionary governments. God would "destroy the churches wholesale and the church members by the millions." Church members would "perish by the sword of war, revolution and anarchy." The dead would lie unburied. In 1920 all earthly governments would disappear, with worldwide anarchy prevailing.[98]
    13 Feb 1925Margaret RowenAccording to this Seventh-Day Adventist, the angel Gabriel appeared before her in a vision and told her that the world would end at midnight on this date.[99]
    1926Spencer PercevalThis British MP, who was one of the 12 apostles of the Catholic Apostolic Church, believed that the world was growing nearer to the Apocalypse due to what he viewed as the rampant immorality of the times in Europe.[100]
    Sep 1935Wilbur Glenn VolivaThis evangelist announced that "the world is going to go 'puff' and disappear" in September 1935.[101]
    1936Herbert W. ArmstrongThe founder of the Worldwide Church of God told members of his church that the Rapture was to take place in 1936, and that only they would be saved. After the prophecy failed, he changed the date three more times.[102]
    1941Jehovah's WitnessesA prediction of the end from the Jehovah's Witnesses, a group which branched from the Bible Student movement.[103]
    1943Herbert W. ArmstrongThe first of three revised dates from Armstrong after his 1936 prediction failed to come true.[102]
    1947John Ballou NewbroughThe author of Oahspe: A New Bible foresaw the destruction of all nations and the beginning of post-apocalyptic anarchy in this year.[90]
    21 Dec 1954Dorothy MartinThe world was to be destroyed by terrible flooding on this date, claimed this leader of a UFO cult called Brotherhood of the Seven Rays. The fallout of the group after the prediction failed was the basis for the 1956 book When Prophecy Fails.[104]
    22 Apr 1959Florence HouteffThe second prophet of the Branch Davidians predicted the apocalypse foretold in the Book of Revelation would proceed on this date. The failure of the prophecy led to the split of the sect into several subsects, the most prominent led by Benjamin and Lois Roden.[105]
    4 Feb 1962Jeane Dixon, various Indian astrologersDixon predicted a planetary alignment on this day was to bring destruction to the world. Mass prayer meetings were held in India.[106]
    [107]
    20 Aug 1967George Van TasselThis day would mark the beginning of the third woe of the Apocalypse, during which the southeastern US would be destroyed by a Soviet nuclear attack, according to this UFO prophet, who claimed to have channeled an alien named Ashtar.[108]
    1967Jim JonesThe founder of the People's Temple stated he had visions that a nuclear holocaust was to take place in 1967.[109]
    9 Aug 1969George WilliamsThe founder of the Church of the Firstborn predicted the Second Coming of Christ would occur on this day.[110]
    1969Charles MansonManson predicted that Helter skelter, an apocalyptic race war, would occur in 1969.[111]
    1972Herbert W. ArmstrongThe second of three revised dates from Armstrong after his 1936 and 1943 predictions failed to come true.[102]
    Jan 1974David BergBerg, the leader of Children of God, predicted that there would be a colossal doomsday event heralded by Comet Kohoutek.[112]
    1975Herbert W. ArmstrongArmstrong's fourth and final prediction.[102]
    Jehovah's WitnessesFrom 1966 on, Jehovah's Witnesses published articles which stated that the fall of 1975 would be 6000 years since man's creation, and suggested that Armageddon could be finished by then.[113]
    1976Brahma Kumaris

• sir82
    sir82

Yayy - yet another guy who thinks the JWs are mostly right, but only lack his particular, brilliant scriptural analysis.

Welcome to the club - there have been dozens if not hundreds before you, who have posted their particular flavor of crazy on this board.

You guys should all get together and throw a party.

• PJ Delaney
    PJ Delaney

I didn’t set any dates in that video.....

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

JW's neer set dates

ok.

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

Yep " in the final part of the days their will be a sucker born every day"- pt barnum

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

Imagine that....god wants to warn his people about when the "end" will come. And the best he can do is to come with an idiotic and convoluted "riddle" that involves generations, second comings, sealings, and other previous gems, that are so confusing that to this day nobody can agree what they are.

Well...great job God. I think even my township can do a better job at warning me of a thunderstorm that is approaching.

• blownaway
    blownaway

LMFAO, Really? If I had a dime every time there is new light or a new thought on some bible bull shit I would have a shit load of dimes. The Bible is bull shit. It has less meaning in life than Dr. Seuss. I will not read the bible on a boat I will not read it with a goat I will not read it PJ I am.

• cofty
    cofty

Jesus was explicit that he would return in glory before his first followers passed away. He didn't. He was a false prophet.

Christians have been thinking up increasingly dishonest ways to explain his failure ever since.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit