Why Do JW's Applaud At The End Of Each Day's District Convention Prayer?

by minimus 31 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

any ideas???

• Its so simple
    Its so simple

OH COME ON!!! The dank MOE! THE DANK!!

• Its so simple
    Its so simple

I personally applauded because it was over.

• blondie
    blondie

I thought it started with the international conventions (especially in countries where JWs had been banned) where the US/other developed country JWs traveled to, saw it, and in like lemming fashion copied it at their assemblies at home.

Blondie

• IslandWoman
    IslandWoman

Minimus,

I think you've been in too long, not in the Org. but here.

They applaud because they want to express appreciation or affirmation.

Where are you trying to go with this one?

IW

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002

Getting kind of desperate for questions minimus?

Don't get mad or take it personal. I was only messing with you Mr. Anne Robinson. (inside joke)

If you were born into the Jehovah's Witnesses a 3rd-generation member and have been on the inside of the organization as long as you proclaim to have been, then you would know that the applause is a way of:

(going into Jehovah's Witness language cult mode:)

Showing appreciation for the fine spiritual food provided by Jehovah and the faithful slave at the opportune time. Isn't this 3 day feast on such knowledge a fine blessing?
    Although in recent years, at least in my personal experience, it seems as though that applause is forced. People feel guilty and unspiritual if they do not go along with the crowd and applaud. This serves as a wonderful example of the herd mentality that Dubs submit themselves to. Peer pressure can be such a b1tch.
  • Francois
    Francois

I don't know about you, but I applauded (on those occasions when I was there that late) because it was finally over and I could take my squeeze for the evening back to my hotel room and commence with a spot of heavy breathing.

francois

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

The ones who are still awake applaud to wake up all those sleeping.

• wednesday
    wednesday
    and I could take my squeeze for the evening back to my hotel room and commence with a spot of heavy breathing.

francois

he he he, u are so bad , francois

I applaued b/c mericful God, it is over for the day and now we can go and get food and liquor./wine whatever . relax and watch tv or if so inclined do what Francois is doing. lol

• IslandWoman
    IslandWoman

I don't know about you, but I applauded (on those occasions when I was there that late) because it was finally over and I could take my squeeze for the evening back to my hotel room and commence with a spot of heavy breathing.

francois

Ahhh yes, the fringe people. There were many of those on Long Island too.

IW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit