Introduction

by Hope_ful 30 Replies latest jw experiences

• Gopher
    Gopher

Welcome to the board, hope_ful ! It's good you joined. You almost have to "lurk" here for awhile so that you can figure out what it's all about before jumping in. (Some have jumped in here with wrong or foolish assumptions about the board, and rightly they got burned for insensitivity... So don't worry about lurking for awhile..)

Those judicial committees -- they can be quite a pain, right? Instead of dispensing loving healing, they are just there to see if you are good enough to remain a companion of the JW"s or not. It's often a rush to judgment. That comment "we got you now" is what MANY elders would say out loud if they were honest (or had a slip of the tongue).

As far as getting reinstated so as to avoid other problems down the road, just know that there are certain people who don't deserve to be told the truth. (Even the Watchtower magazine says that -- they call it "theocratic warfare".) So.... if the judicial committee was going to further victimize you by sanctioning that your relatives could no longer speak with you, why all you did by "playing coy" was prevent a further victimization of your family. The disfellowshipping arrangement and the enforced shunning that goes with it is a totally unscriptural and unnatural practice. So by preventing that from continuing, you were working to improve the situation and preventing further victimization. Good for you that you took that approach.

As far as organized religion -- I'm right there with you -- it just doesn't seem to really help people overall, but instead is there to take control. Who needs that?

• blondie
    blondie

Welcome hope_ful. I lurked for a long time too. I finally posted two years ago on May 28. So I guess it's my anniversary or is it my birthday.

Blondie

• Yesterdays Child
    Yesterdays Child

WELCOME My family also continued to talk to me after I was dfed My mother always said no man living or dead could ever stop her from having a relationship with her children. Too bad mother in law doesn't think that way.

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Welcome Hope-ful!

• cornish
    cornish

hope_ful

Thank you for telling us your about it ,I smiled when I read about you getting reinstated and then not going again,good for you, glad to hear you are doing well

all the very best to you

• freedom96
    freedom96

Welcome to the board!

This board helped me realize what I had thought for a long time, that the WTS is not God's organization. Feelings are one thing, but to find out facts that supported my thoughts, was great.

All sorts of people on this board, hope you enjoy it!

• rocketman
    rocketman

Welcome Hope_ful!!

• bebu
    bebu

Welcome, hope_ful. Hope you will be sharing more as time goes by.

bebu

• Mystery
    Mystery

Welcome Hope_ful.

Don't let "Granny" scare your sons. You said that she has said "you are going to die if...", really honestly talk with your sons seperately about this. Ask them questions, when you are riding in the car or doing something together, playing a game or doing a puzzle or washing dishes (don't sit him down and say OK we are going to talk) mention what Granny said and ask him what he thinks about it or how he feels when he hears her. Don't automatically assume that you know what he is going to say, you may be very surprised. Don't answer for him, draw out his answers. Don't put words in his mouth like "well don't you think she really meant this...." LISTEN to his answers. Don't try to change his mind. Just let the conversation change and think through what his answers are.

Until my son was 11 or 12 he still went to every door and window to make sure they were locked before he went to bed because of the "boogieman" his (biological) dad told him about when he was 4 years old.

• SpunkyChick

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit