Why On Earth Did You Ever Become A Witness & What Made You Decide To Leave?

by minimus 43 Replies latest jw friends

• KGB
    KGB

Hmmmmmm I see that most of you were very young and most brought up in this cult so I can see why so many were so easily deceived. Not like me being a ripe 38 years old when I fell into their realm of lies. In 1997 January I suffered an Anyuerism and of course being the perfect victim they shrouded me with "don`t you know this could happen to you again" and are you prepared to live forever in paradise earth if you die? Well folks let me tell you when you come within a hair of death it will make you think about things like that and sure enough I did and was. So I was the perfect target and I was the perfect dummy and fell for their lies and deceit.

Now how did I get out of it ? Good question... I was living with my JW mother and step father after my illness until I could regain enough strength to move back out on my own again. I had received a back settlement from Social Security for my illness and so I purchased a computer. I got online right away. The first thing I typed into the computer in a search box was Jehovahs Witnesses and I found this site called freeminds. After reading all the things I read at freeminds a friend whom also replies here turned me on to a book called Crisis of Conscience. Hey any dummy after reading all that info would still be in that faith deserves to be called a dummy. I got the hell out and quick. Boy they were coming to my door everyday wondering why I was not at the meetings and etc as I was a 100% attendence for almost a year. I would have to peek out my windows to see if it was a JW or not before I would answer my door until they finally quit coming. Hooray...Yeah just weeks before being baptized I quit going. Now if that was not the good Lord watching over my soul I don`t know what you would call it. well thats my story and I`m stickin to it........

• minimus
    minimus

KGB, Isn't it amazing that if you waited a few more days to decide AFTER you took the plunge that it really wasn't for you, that the Witnesses would have continued coming to your door and calling you up, until they disfellowshipped you???

• RubyTuesday
    RubyTuesday

I had no choice in the matter.....was raised in it. I secretly hated the whole scene , at the time I thought I must be evil but I now know it was my gut instinct, which I am now in fine tune with. When I was 17 I left when I was wrongly accused of something by a sick elder.Now , Life is good!!

• minimus
    minimus

I know a lot of people that have been wrongly accused by an elder! And once that's done, the suspiscion is over your head. Who's everyone in a congregation gonna believe, you or an elder? Yup, many elders are the reason for people feeling like crap and exiting in droves. I say to the elders, "KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit