I am an idiot..

by zeb 18 Replies latest jw friends

• Freedom rocks
    Freedom rocks

Zeb I agree with one eyed joe coz it's what my marriage was like and it killed me emotionally eventually and I broke down and had to separate for my health and my children. I hope you don't get to the stage of being emotionally and mentally broken

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Oh God keep me from being so stupid; cut out my tongue, glue my teeth together. aaarrgh!

Zeb ...

No need to take such extreme actions.

Just superglue your butt cheeks together. In several days you will feel an unimaginable sense of euphoria. Just gargle with some strong mouthwash to control the odor.

Rub a Dub

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

In my case sometimes I have a buddy, but when family presure pops up, buddy is less buddy.

Never know the real thoughts of buddy.

It feels not good.

This religion is killing relations.

G.

• dynamiterose77
    dynamiterose77

This reminded me of how my mom kept telling me to stay away from anything "occult" because my paternal family was into it and that would mean I was more prone to demon attack (no really... I once had a complete panic attack over an OCD type episode where I couldn't get a word out of my head) But she would read horoscopes in the paper because it was "Just fun. It's not like it's real"

• stillin
    stillin

We had a visiting speaker once who spoke his mind about opening up those fortune cookies that you gat at Chinese restaurants. EVIL cookies!

• carla
    carla

I could write a whole book and still not finish with all the jw goofiness me & kids have had to put up with since mine joined up! Most of you grew up in the cult so it was everyday with you not a sudden switch from a pretty normal humorous person to someone with all sorts of new phobias and subjects that must not be brought up in their presence.

On the other hand, I sure stifle a giggle when my jw turns on some song and thinks it is a catchy tune only to find out it is Christian rock and has to quick change it because they are praising Jesus. Or when jw's are the butt of a joke in a movie or show and I see even he is trying not to laugh. Then there is the times when a cuss word slips out and we all just turn away stifling our grins.

Don't even get me started on evil cookies!

• Closer to Fine
    Closer to Fine

Zeb, I've been an idiot before too. Many times in fact. It's tough when you don't know what they will laugh off and what will send them into a preaching tirade. My jw does things on a daily basis that would get him DF'd, however, if I say or do something jw's don't approve of I get preached to for a good hour (or however long it takes until he feels better about his own guilt). It doesn't happen all of the time, but it happens too often. I'm sure most UBM's understand what I mean.

As One Eyed Joe said, it is a form of abuse and I acknowledge that. I've allowed it to happen. That's why I call myself an idiot

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

I was an idiot for a totally different reason.

When my young teenage kids brought the "life of Brian" video to watch at home and I jumped and said words to the effect that this borders on blasphemy and turned it off ,also when I made my young son get rid of his "Kiss" records because of their "Appearance" and backward masking songs .

We all laugh about it now though .thankfully.

• dynamiterose77
    dynamiterose77

Life of Brian is fantastic!

Always look on the bright side of life...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit