I am an idiot..

by zeb 18 Replies latest jw friends

• zeb
    zeb

Going past a 'new-age' shop today I stupidly said to my most 'uber' wife, Do you want a reading?" ..Not a good idea.. oh dear.

She opened up correcting my every other word and brought in a stream of jw speak and now many hours later is still steaming under an acute cloud of SOL.

Oh God keep me from being so stupid; cut out my tongue, glue my teeth together. aaarrgh! and help me to accept that not even wry humor is now allowed.

Anyone else have similar experience/s?

• zeb
    zeb

ps..

"JW are the happiest people.". not.

and they cause distress in anyone in proximity.

• Biahi
    Biahi

So sorry, zeb. She should have realized you were just kidding.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

I'm lucky..my born in fat controller.set me free half my lifetime ago.

• LOLS
    LOLS

LOL :) My uber JW Husband is the same .... So don't feel alone ...

I often get myself into hot water with my Worldly sense of humor & then I get the whole JW explanation which is as boring as watching paint dry ....... But hey if he don't like it he can move along , the children & I find silly stuff funny ....

• new boy
    new boy

Sadly this is a place many here have been before you. I wish I could tell you things get easier as time goes by but unless a miracle happens this gap will only grow with time. Than a day may come when you look at each other and you both realize you have no idea who this person is that you been married too for many years.

Or maybe she will like yourself will wake up and there will be a happy ending.

Good luck either way.

• steve2
    steve2

JW land is a humor-free zone - unless your target is the predictable negative and derisory drivel they spout about the churches of Christendom. There’s no end to JW humour about the clergy and their vile ways. JWs dish it up in great big dollops; however, try to make light of JW views, and you will evoke floods of hurt and correction from any JW within earshot. And if you live with them, wow! You will regret your attempt at humor. You have my sympathy.

• under the radar
    under the radar

stan livedeath: I wish I had a born in fat controller...

• Freedom rocks
    Freedom rocks

My jw husband who've I've been separated from for over a year asked me today if I'll file for a divorce coz he's seeing someone else who isn't a jw. The elders don't know he's in a relationship and he'll get disfellowshiped if they find out. He only wants me to file for it so he doesn't have to pay and so he can say I asked for the divorce.

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

Oh God keep me from being so stupid; cut out my tongue, glue my teeth together. aaarrgh! and help me to accept that not even wry humor is now allowed.

I'm not sure how serious you are or how much you've internalized this, but I just want to point out that this is a very big warning sign that you're in an emotionally abusive relationship. I was in a similar situation with my JW wife for a couple years and I know how oppressive it can feel...but you need to remember that it is not healthy for one person in a relationship to be solely responsible for managing the emotions of the other. You meant no harm by making a joke, and if it causes her distress then she can calmly talk to you about her feelings and manager her responses like a mature adult. Using her emotional outbursts to control you and keep you in line is not healthy for either of you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit