Consequences for having a non religious wedding ceraminy?

by Addison0998 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• JustMe2
    JustMe2
    They have banished the liquor, dancing, and music at the reception

Is that a general rule or just in certain areas?

• zeb
    zeb

Marriage. a public display of your most private intentions- To be married under the dark cloud of wt rules is a strain neither of you don't need.

Civil celebrant in a park sounds a good idea. and in case anyone hasn't said it congratulations and its your business not the congs!

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

but I remember a couple who got disfellowshipped simply for completing their certificate of marriage before the wedding ....

Scratchme ...

There must be more to the story than that. I can't believe that filling out paperwork in anticipation of a marriage is a sin.

Rub a Dub

• Island Man
    Island Man

I think your safest bet would be to have no ceremony at all. Just have a strictly legal signing of the documents. The moment you have any kind of extra ceremony or marriage talk - even if stated as being non-religious - you leave an opening for hardline elders to frame trumped up accusations that you've in some way dabbled with false religion or some form of spiritual uncleanness.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

If you are both considered Jehovah`s witnesses in good standing and decide to get married outside of a Kingdom Hall and use a Celebrant or Civil servant to conduct the ceremony then you are inviting gossip ,slander ,talk as to why you would do such a thing .

You must be hiding some sin that you are guilty of. You will be marked by the majority in the K.H. and you will be questioned by the B.O.E. as to why you took such a step .

You won`t get off scot free if you go down this path.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

why get married at all ?

• charonsdog
    charonsdog

"Personally, I would give you a greater wedding present if I didn't have to go. I never liked the weddings."

That's EXACTLY what I used to tell couples who were thinking of inviting me to their wedding. I was able to skip out on attending those fucking drags from 9/2001 until 2016, after I left the JWCult. I would also volunteer to work on Saturdays at my job just so I could have a truthful excuse not to go. I couldn't stomach watching two people get tied together, listening to that god-awful speechifying before the vows, having to sit next to the woman I was miserably married to myself.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit