Local Needs Talk Given About My Family

by minimus 30 Replies latest jw friends

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

Wow that is crazy Min, but all too familiar, they did a talk like that on my sister, she had been marked, and everyone knew it was about her and she sat there with her head held down. We had about 50 if that at our hall. That is abuse to do people that way.

BLondie made a good point.

It made me also think, how many times have any of us heard a talk, that would warn the members that there was a child molestor in the midst??? TO be careful and watch your children close? Not once that I know of. They are so quick to cover sins like that and keep it hush hush, but if a young sister goes out on a freakin date with a worldly guy, they want to shout it on the roof tops.

• onacruse
    onacruse

min, welcome back! Hehe, you were only "gone" for a few days, and already I was missing you

It doesn't take a crystal ball to see that the prosecutorial guns of the elders are beginning to turn their sights on you. You and your family are walking a very difficult path. My respect to you all, and my empathy. May you and your family fare well.

Craig

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

Yeah what onacruse said.......

Hang in there and don't let the bastards get you down!

Katie

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

Hi Minimus ! In our hall there was two ways to deal with problems:When a local brother or sister got into some kind of trouble the elders made sure everyone knew about it.Brother/Sister is very BADDDD!

But,when a bethelite got into some kind of trouble,it was kept quiet,ssshhh.The elders would only say,"HE /SHE, is going back home to help with the family!

Being an elder ,I knew otherwise.

Blueblades

• wednesday
    wednesday
    It doesn't take a crystal ball to see that the prosecutorial guns of the elders are beginning to turn their sights on you. You and your family are walking a very difficult path. My respect to you all, and my empathy. May you and your family fare well

.yes Mim, they have their eye on u now. may the force be with u.

weds

• rocketman
    rocketman

If they knew how many jw kids were dating "worldly" people, they'd be giving a local needs every week.

Dating a "worldly" person isn't a df offense anyway, as we all know. Of course, they make it virtually seem that way, lableing it an act of disloyalty to God.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    Then it was said that if we knew that a family member was violating God's laws and still did not report it to the elders, those persons would all be adversely judged by God.

It speaks volumes about an organization that views dating a non-believer as a worse sin than raping a child. Dede is right, in all the years I went, I never once heard a whisper about protecting children. By this logic God will kill you for dating a Catholic, but give a free pass to methodically raping each child in the congregation.

Absolute insanity.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

G'day Mini,

After asking all those questions, how'd you manage to go to the KH, let alone sit through the meeting?

Cheers, Ozzie

• minimus
    minimus

Oz, I go to a few meetings per month. I won't go to the Special assembly day, the circuit assemblies or the District Con. I am fading. I used to NEVER miss a meeting. Actually, I was interested in seeing this new CO because everyone told me how wonderful he was. He sucks.

• Prisca
    Prisca
    Dating a "worldly" person isn't a df offense anyway, as we all know. Of course, they make it virtually seem that way, lableing it an act of disloyalty to God.

They also assume that if you're dating a non-JW, then you quite possible are getting involved in "loose conduct", or worse, S-E-X

Because I was an adult in my mid 20s, I used to find it insulting that elders and others in the congregation would assume that you couldn't be trusted when dating. Like, hellooooo, I'm a grown adult here, and I can look after myself. Actually, I think I used to shy aware from sex before marriage more due to the fear of getting pregnant and being a single mother.

But it was insulting that people would assume the worst when you were dating (regardless of who it was) and treat you like a 15yr old who couldn't restrain themself.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit