Rednecks - The Guts Of The Country

by Redneck 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Redneck
    Redneck

Seen this on Richmond Va paper....I thought tied in with Stinkypants post..but didn't wanna distract from it....Opinions on the story?

• IslandWoman
    IslandWoman

Rednecks -The Guts Of The Country? Hey sure why not! Though "guts" never were too high on my respect meter when brains and heart were entered as competitors.

Linda :)

• wednesday
    wednesday

PPL like to throw around "redneck" and white trash-but it is just another form of racism.PPL just like to find some way to feel superior to others. North and South jokes have been around as long as i can remember.

They even get into our commercials, remember the picante sauce one where some texas cowboys say 'New york city.." There has been a running hatred between Dallas Cowboy fans an Philly fans. the Philly fans cheered when michael irwin got hurt. Not much class.

I do think the working class make up the guts of this county, whether they are in NJ or Texas.

• Redneck
    Redneck

I agree wednesday...I am married to a yankee ..We joke bout it all the time...Rednecks have been around since colonial times..it was a person who labored on a farm or out side most times...his neck would get burned hence Redneck..

• Ravyn
    Ravyn

Redneck--I just don't understand why someone would want to be called a redneck if it means something so base and negative? I feel bad when I have to type your screen name! Guess I am just not much into name calling.

Ravyn

• Redneck
    Redneck
    Everybody does something once in a while that is redneck, something not refined," Witte said.

Ravyn...Thats me not refined ...I dont consider it an insult..I know what it means so if someone tries to insult me by calling me that..well then just shows me they dont know what there talking bout..It is something hard to explain just like the Heritage thing..Its hard to put it in print without writing a novel..lol....Dont feel bad calling me that..

• Cowboy
    Cowboy

" What most people call a redneck ain't nothin' but a workin' man / who makes his livin' by the sweat of his brow and the callouses on his hands / Now you intellectuals may not like it,but there ain't nothin' you can do / cause there's a whole lot more of us common folks than there ever will be of you...../ What this world needs is a few more rednecks / some people not afraid to make a stand / What this world needs is a little more respect / for the Lord and the law and the workin' man / We could use a little peace and satisfaction / Some good people up front to take the lead / A little less talk and a little more action / and a few more rednecks is what we need "

( Charlie Daniels )

'Nuff Said,

Cowboy

• onacruse
    onacruse

I love rednecks...especially when they're square-front in my headlights. LOL

Ravyn: imho Redneck showed some real cool on SP's thread..."backed off and I'm learning some things" kind of attitude. Bendrr too, on another thread.

And Cowboy is yet another "redneck" that I'd love to meet one day.

Heck, I'm a redneck, if ya get right down to it! Anybody I don't like, I affectionately call "Flamingoes."

Craig

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

LOL I love that song that says.............................what this world needs is a few more rednecks. I believe it's Charlie Daniels who sings it. I first heard it the other day when I saw.........Sweet Home Alabama.

• Prisca
    Prisca
    " a workin' man / who makes his livin' by the sweat of his brow and the callouses on his hands.... cause there's a whole lot more of us common folks than there ever will be of you... A little less talk and a little more action / and a few more rednecks is what we need "

Amen.... from a girl who prefers country boys to those pretty-boy city-slickers

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit