JW joke from social media

by neat blue dog 10 Replies latest social humour

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

Saw this posted today:

• purrpurr
    purrpurr

Ewwwww! Sick! Sick! Sick!

They are so numb to their perverted peadofile ways that they make jokes about it now?

• Darkknight757
    Darkknight757

An old creepy C.O. told our congregation that joke a few years ago. Although it was funny at the time, itโ€™s definitely up there on the creep meter now.

• Tahoe
  • caves
    caves

Why does it seem like C.O.'s think they are so damn funny? It could be the lamest joke ever and the entire cong laughs like they were high or something.

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

@caves - That's what I always called the "courtesy laughter". It drove me nuts as a JW. Everything that moron said was gospel, every joke was hilarious, etc. We played softball once and this one CO wanted to play too. Nobody had gotten him out until he hit the ball to me. I get that it's a game where you're literally lobbing softballs to someone, but I couldn't stand the deference given to them. All off the brothers wore their best suits, sisters their best dresses, it was like Easter every 6 months.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    caves - "Why does it seem like COs think they are so damn funny?"

Same reason the GB seems to...

a) ...keep coming up with weirder and weirder shit, and...

b) ...still think they're 100% correct, no matter what.

They're really easy habits to fall into when you surround yourself solely with people who are never allowed to disagree with you.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

COs demand the same inane adoration that the leader of North Korea does!The crowds of "adoring" people stand clapping for him, (knowing full well that the first to stop clapping will face punishment!).

No different with COs! If JWs do not gush and fall with adoration at his feet, they will be looked down on by others!

Laugh at his "jokes", put up with his food alergies, his demands etc....

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

@dubstepped - you are dead on as far as "courtesy laughter"; but a quick counterpoint to your point on CO sports:

Around 2000 we had a CO -- Bill Adams -- who was over 6ft and liked to play basketball. At the time, we had been playing b-ball at the local court pretty frequently, and when he found out, he wanted in. So we meet up, form teams and start playing. . . and of course everyone is tripping around the CO like he's Jesus or something. But he starts getting aggressive -- really aggressive! -- and scoring tons of points. So we actually let him have it -- enough of that! I might be misremembering this, but I believe it was at that game that one of the other elders playing got his nose broken (not by the CO).

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

The CO says to the six year old "call me in a year or two honey, when you're baptized ๐Ÿ˜‰"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit