EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Angus Stewart QC on Jehovah’s Witnesses and the Australian Child Abuse Royal Commission (by Lara Kaput and Louise Goode)

by jwleaks 22 Replies latest jw friends

• jwleaks
    jwleaks

Angus Stewart QC, Senior Counsel, has had a long and distinguished legal career, beginning with his passion for justice in South Africa, fighting apartheid, then later working in the Truth and Reconciliation Commission, and more recently acting as Senior Counsel in the case studies on Jehovah's Witnesses in the Australian Royal Commission into Institutional Responses to Child Sexual Abuse. Angus discusses, from his own personal point of view, and not representing the CARC or the Commissioners, what the journey was like, learning about the internal law and policy of Watchtower Society, how he became determined to stand for justice for all the victims and for the whole community of ex Jehovah's Witnesses and how he felt about the evidence being presented to him and the people presenting it.

Interview by Lara Kaput and Louise Goode for JW Community Podcast.

https://jwcommunitypodcast.simplecast.fm/cf4d380d

• Tallon
    Tallon

They did well to get Angus to agree to doing this interview. Enjoyed listening to it and thank you for sharing.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Is there a printable transcript?

• Anders Andersen
    Anders Andersen

I don't normally listen or watch any JW podcasts/videos. But this one is very cool.

• xjwsrock
    xjwsrock

Yes Check this out. Very cool. Angus has more humility and genuineness than any Jehovah’s Witness I know.

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

@Vidiot - As someone that does podcasts and just recently started paying for transcripts, why do you want one? I'm using them for SEO purposes, but I wonder what someone might want one for aside from maybe being hearing impaired. Feedback helps so I'd appreciate it.

As to the episode I haven't heard it yet but look forward to listening Monday at work. Has anyone seen Angus since the interview? Louise has quite the crush on him, lol. I think we all do.

• AverageJoe1
    AverageJoe1

Hey Dubstepped. Printed form is always handy to be able copy from and quote, refer back to etc.

• notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo

I contacted him during the Aussie Commission and he had the decency to reply thanking me for my words of encouragement and info.

Top guy.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Oh boy am I ever excited about this can't wait to listen!

Hey @Dubstepped, I think if you wanted to write an article, I personally would find it easier and less frustrating to read and refer back to a written piece if I needed to be sure of my facts and it was important to get it exactly right. Funny thing is ,though, in general find it easier to commit something to memory when I listen.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Typicall, I just cannot (or will not) "waste" an hour for a JW/WT related video/audio, but I WILL listen to this. Angus was absolutely "kiss ass" great in the ARC. The WT/JW reps were so out-matched and out-classed by Angus! So much for the Holy Spirit directing what they should say (HAHAHAHA). Once again, the old HS was AWOL and left the WT/JW reps looking like fools -- including Geoffery Jackson.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit