Brooklyn Denounces Elder Thieves

by Kenneson 25 Replies latest jw friends

• Gerard
    Gerard

I believe Brooklyn should submit itself to the law enforcement on every criminal issue.

I am not a JW; I am here to understand the cult better so I asked why they waited to condemn those elder-thieves when they seemed to have a law of their own - apart from the judiciary system -for every case and fault.

Gerry

• Gerard
    Gerard

(edited out a double post)

• peacelily
    peacelily

I posted on the forum regarding this scam bak in December and last week. I have been DA for almost 12 years from the Borg. MY third daughter is married to the son of Darryl Willis, and as a former wife of an elder in Helena, I can say that Darryl Willis and Dale Erickson have ALWAYS had very questionable business practices. I have known those families for almost 30 years and it took a long time for this behavior to be exposed. I am SO glad I got out of the corruption I saw going on (although my freedom came at great cost) and I only hope that someday my daughters will open their eyes and see how they have wasted so much of their life. Oh well, as more of these things come to LIGHT I feel that the Watchtower Society will have to pay up or dissolve into dust.....one can only hope! My daughters have treated me horribly since I left my former abusive elder husband and because I simply didn"t believe in the garbage any longer. You can be sure that the JW children of Darryl and Dale benefited from this dear old womans ESTATE. I do believe there are many still trapped in the organization that are really good people and only hope that they will have the courage and strength to leave. PEACELILY

• amac
    amac
    I am here to understand the cult better so I asked why they waited to condemn those elder-thieves when they seemed to have a law of their own - apart from the judiciary system -for every case and fault.

In that case, a JW judiciary committee is only supposed to take action if there are two witnesses to the fault. If they are not aware of two witnesses, but the court system brings out "two witnesses" then I imagine they could then DF the person. That would be my guess as to what happened, but it is only a guess.

• asleif_dufansdottir
    asleif_dufansdottir

They got df'd because everybody and their dog knew they were crooks, it was all over the news, and it made the WT look bad. Not because they actually did something wrong.

Is the news media going to keep a close eye on them and see if and when procedures are started to reinstate them? Doubt it.

edited to add:

Yet another case of "Jehovah's holy spirit" having exceptionally questionable taste in elders.

• Gerard
    Gerard

http://www.greatfallstribune.com/news/stories/20030526/localnews/367147.html

Monday, May 26, 2003

Across the Big Sky

Two church elders 'disfellowshipped'

DEER LODGE -- The Jehovah's Witness church has "disfellowshipped" two former church elders who were sentenced recently for defrauding a woman out of her $6.5 million life savings.

Darryl Willis of Helena and Dale Erickson of Missoula were sentenced to 15 years in prison for conspiracy, theft and securities fraud.

"Disfellowshipped" individuals are not only expelled from the church, but are also ostracized by other church members, a church official said.

Fifteen years ahead to witness inmates. That's devotion!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit