Brooklyn Denounces Elder Thieves

by Kenneson 25 Replies latest jw friends

• shamus
    shamus

Yeah.... well, did the person get DF'd for taking them to court??? Probably. I wouldn't be suprised... I wasn't allowed to take someone to court over $600.00

• hippikon
    hippikon

Come on guys - Don't be so hard on them over one little itsy bitsy mistate!

• Guest 77
    Guest 77

I'm wondering if this comes under the clause, Jehovah 'provides'.

Guest 77

• Mary
    Mary

"She has very close friends in the Deer Lodge congregation who still consider her close friends," Murphy said. "Now they are not able to associate with her because of what these two men did."

Can someone fill me in on this? What is the old lady's status? Is she disassociated?

I was wondering the same thing............from what I read, I think that perhaps the family has refused to let any other Witnesses have anything to do with her, simply because they don't trust them and rightfully so.

• Gerard
    Gerard

Why did Brooklin wait until a "Worldly" court of law found them guilty?

• amac
    amac

Because they are not private investigators. Would you prefer that they start going around DFing people whenever someone accuses another witness of ripping them off? I'm glad they waited for the proper authorities to determine if these men were guilty.

Yeah.... well, did the person get DF'd for taking them to court??? Probably.

I highly doubt it, but don't rightly know. I would imagine a tidbit like that would make it into the news article. And I don't think the WT would be publicly saying anything about the case if they had just DFed both the guilty and the victim.

• rocketman
    rocketman

Because they are not private investigators. Would you prefer that they start going around DFing people whenever someone accuses another witness of ripping them off? I'm glad they waited for the proper authorities to determine if these men were guilty

Very true. But, in child abuse cases, maybe they ought to leave a bit more to the authorities and a bit less to themselves in the way of investigation.

• amac
    amac
    Very true. But, in child abuse cases, maybe they ought to leave a bit more to the authorities and a bit less to themselves in the way of investigation.

Although off topic, I couldn't agree more. Hopefully that is the way things are headed.

• Gerard
    Gerard
    Because they are not private investigators.

Right, but they surely act as such when a child is molested/raped and have no problem concealing the information from police and passing judgements against abused children that speak up.

• amac
    amac

So are you saying they should be doing the same with every case? I would think it should be the other way around where you would want them to STOP acting as the investigators and DO things like letting the courts take action.

Or are you saying that since they mishandle child molestation cases that they should be consistent and mishandle all cases? I'm confused.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit