Brooklyn Denounces Elder Thieves

by Kenneson 25 Replies latest jw friends

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

Well, it goes even further then that. They have been disfellowshipped, along with the wife of one. This is one scandal the W.T. was quick to respond. See "Church officials shun thieves" at

http://www.montanastandard.com/articles/2003/05/22/newsdeerlodge/hjjgjehhjcfejd.txt

• expatbrit
    expatbrit
    "She has very close friends in the Deer Lodge congregation who still consider her close friends," Murphy said. "Now they are not able to associate with her because of what these two men did."

Can someone fill me in on this? What is the old lady's status? Is she disassociated?

Expatbrit

• Francois
    Francois

I'm gonna hold my breath until the WTBTS gives this little old lady back all her money. You reckon I'll turn blue before that happens?

francois

• amac
    amac

Francois, why should the WT give her money if it was the elders that were scamming her? How are they responsible?

• outnfree
    outnfree

I am glad that the Watchtower denounced them, now what are they going to do with the deadbeat congregation members?

Aside from a $400,000 brokerage fee for illegally and secretly selling Una Anderson's

$5.3 million Powell County ranch for $4 million, and more than

$2 million used to finance a failed effort to establish Montana's first foreign capital depository off-shore banking set up, numerous loans, large and small, were made to church members and relatives of Erickson and Willis, records show. Only a few were repaid.

Will the Erickson and Willis relatives and families (heirs) be required to repay the losses? Especially those who are upright, CLEAN, JWs?

outnfree

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Thanks for bringing that article to our attention.

It's good to see that the WTS followed through on this - not that they had much choice - it's a very high profile case in Montana.

I failed to see anything in the article that mentioned one of the guy's wife was also disfellowshipped. Do you have any more on that?

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

Not that I think they shouldn't be disfellowshipped. But I find it sad that is a disfellowshipping offense but raping babies isn't\

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

Nathan,

Sorry. I misread that. Helena is where the elder is from and not the wife.

• rocketman
    rocketman

Seems like the niece is ticked off at more than just the two elders though. Very interesting.

Also, note that df'd people are "ostracized". Now in this case, rightfully so. But what gets me is that any df'd person, even one who is df'd for simply disagreeing with some beliefs is "ostracized" in the same manner as these low-life crooks.

• pr_capone
    pr_capone

Wow... they actually did something for once. And it only took them till sentencing to do it! *puke*

Kansas District Overbeer

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit