Who here has military service?

by pr_capone 24 Replies latest jw friends

• witchywoman
    witchywoman

The stats on DakotaRed are as follows:

US Army, E-5, February 1969 to March 1977, Vietnam, 69 to 70, 67V20, OH-6A/OH-58A Helicopter CrewChief/Mechanic, LIfetime member of Disabled American Veterans

Air Cav Troop, 2nd ACR, Nurnberg Germany, 71 to 74

C Troop 7/17th Air Cav, 69 to 70

---Mrs. Dakota Red

• pr_capone
    pr_capone

Tell Sgr. Red hello for me, eh?

Kansas District Overbeer

• DIAMOND
    DIAMOND

Military Brat here to.... Father was in the Army. Killed in Viet Nam. Stepfather also in the army 30 years.

Diamond

• CaptainSchmideo
    CaptainSchmideo
    Yep. Queen's Own Foot. A part of the Khyber Rifles. Served long months in the Hindu Kush (Hindu Killer) mountains. Of course the queen referenced was Victoria, so all this happened in a former life.

I was also a samuri to the reigning Shogun in 1598. It's been an interesting life.

Ok.....

Normally I find your comments to be of sound logic and reason. This post is not intended as an insult, so PLEASE do not take offense Francois. I like you. We used to bang heads, but we get along now.

However, that being said, I think they were referencing examples of people serving in the military in their current life.

I do not think they were looking for reincarnated examples (which no one can prove or disprove by the way, it is only your belief) in which you have convinced yourself that you served in the British fleet in decades past or as a Japanese Samurai centuries ago.

If that is the case, then I was a Commander in the Praetorian Guard during the reign of Julius Caesar. (I didn't do my job very well huh? LOL)

Or was it Emperor Nero?

No, no, thats not it...

I was one of the 300 Spartans who stood against the overwhelmingly large army of Persians in 480 B.C. at the battle of Themopylae.

Do you ever notice, that whenever people talk about there past lives, especially celebrities like Shirley MacLaine, they are always famous people from history, or at least attached to famous events. Nobody ever admits to having been:

A dung farmer in 5th century France

A black plague victim in Spain, 1211

An accountant in 19th century Lower Bolton.

No, its always Marie Antoinette, Genghis Khan, or Jesus Christ. With celebrities, present fame isn't enough, they've got to co-opt others as well. That's why I believe the whole thing is a pile of dingo's kidneys. Controversial opinion, sure! But controversy's nothing new to me! In my previous life, as Copernicus, I set the Church in a frenzy when I set forth my theories...blah blah blah.....

• bebu
    bebu

LOL at Captain Schmideo (love that name).

My husband is in the army reserves; he was activated in January. Thankfully, he wasn't deployed to another region, but commutes to the post each day for soldier processing for mobilization and demobilization. Unfortunately, he'll be one of the last ones to be demobilized because of this job.

bebu

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit