"...maybe I shouldn't have left"

by GirlOnFence 21 Replies latest jw friends

• petespal2002
    petespal2002

Men tend to only think with their penis, and it's amazing how convincing it sounds when you are feeling vulnerable. (I am female, by the way.) You mentioned you might not have been as reliant on him had your other 'friends' not rejected you. I know that feeling. I wonder, after reading some of these replies however, if leaving needs to be the nightmare it is made out. Exit counselleing hit me as reverse brainwashing. If you know it to be a false religion, then have no guilt in leaving, because the Bible tells us to leave such organisations that dishonour God. If you don't believe in God anymore, then you have nothing to worry about. If part of you thinks it's still the "truth" would it hurt really to sit on the fence for a little while longer, hedging your bets so to speak, until you can make an informed decision on way or the other. I bet I'll get blasted for saying that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• shamus
    shamus

GOF,

It is only natural to feel that way. The religion brought you much comfort to your mind, even if they hurt you. It is mind control sugar coated, and I hope that you don't even consider it unless you think long and hard about it. Remember, if you go back, things will never be the same, b/c they will treat you like dirt. That is not how god's followers treat their flock.

Shamus

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit