"...maybe I shouldn't have left"

by GirlOnFence 21 Replies latest jw friends

• GirlOnFence
    GirlOnFence

After leaving the org... and confronting problems (in the real world), did you ever feel like... maybe this is a sign I shouldn't have left?

I felt like this a couple weeks ago after finding out the guy I lost my virginity to (an other ex-dub), had a girlfriend the whole time we were together.

The thought of the org. being right, about leaving "the truth" makes me sick to my stomach, even though I know it's not true.. but, for some reason it's always in the back of my mind.

• rocketman
    rocketman

GOF, I'm sorry to hear that your bf was hiding a girlfriend. It's natural, after being hurt like that, to want to return to something that may have been an anchor in your life for a long time.

• JH
    JH
    He had a girlfriend the whole time we were together.

No matter if you are a JW or not, being cheated on is terrible. It hurts to be used and laughed at. I'm sorry you're going through this.

maybe this is a sign I shouldn't have left?

No, it's a sign that he is a creep.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

GoF

I felt like that too after a long time out. I even approached an elder about getting reinstated. They cured me fast with their cruelty.

The more I learned about how this organization works the less I believed I made the wrong choice.

Now I am free and I love it.

Just because you met one guy who was a liar and a cheat doesn't mean all the world is like that. I have met more true friends out of the organization than I ever had in it and that includes family

• shera
    shera

Jw's cheat too.

Take care

• kgfreeperson
    kgfreeperson

JH's got it and most concisely!

• garybuss
    garybuss

Hi GirlOnFence, For me those feelings represented floating episodes and indicated I had not done sufficient exit counseling. Now, after I have had professional, as well as peer to peer, exit counseling as well as hundreds of hours of research on the history as well as the principles and practices of the group, I never have any floating episodes anymore.

Best wishes, gary

The Way I See it http://www.freeminds.org/buss/buss.htm

• els
    els

GoF, It does not mean you should go back! When I was a witness teenager I was sleeping with an older guy who was a witness also. We were sneaking around so nobody knew about it. Then there was a trip to Bethel that I wasn't allowed to go on cause my parents were suspicious. On that trip he announced his engagement to another sister. I knew nothing about it till a witness girl I went to school with told me on Monday. There are creeps everywhere, even in the Witnesses. Instead of thinking you shouldn't have left, you should be wishing the Witnesses taught girls how to be smarter about men. els

• GirlOnFence
    GirlOnFence

...the way I found out about his gf, was that he got her pregnant and they decided to get married, so he called me and told me the story, before I heard it from someone else. Then, he had the balls to call me the night before his wedding (2 weeks after he told me about his gf), to "hang out" one last time. I told him that would never happen and not to call me unless it was to let me know how everything was going with the baby... but, he still calls almost every week (and it's not to talk about the baby).

The worst part is that I probably would have never been with a d!ckhead like him, if it weren't for the "friends" who weren't there for me, and made me feel like he was all I had, after I stopped going to meetings..

• GirlOnFence
    GirlOnFence

I forgot to write.. thanks for all the comments, it really means alot to have people relate, to how I feel, and give their honest opinions.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit