I have a scary secret admirer.........

by Ravyn 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Scully
    Scully

Ravyn

Do you know if your e-mail address is listed anywhere that people/businesses who are trolling for e-mail addresses could collect them, then use them as mailing lists for spam?

I've received several "You have a Secret Admirer" e-mails that supposedly link directly to an e-card. My e-mail address was used as the "sender" address too, and I've also had some that said "The e-card you sent has been viewed" (huh? when did I send an e-card??). The other thing, sometimes your e-mail address can be harvested by the website when you go to open the card that was sent. It's a sneaky way of determining which e-mail addresses they send to are active, so they can send you more e-junk mail. We all may be getting more spam in the days to come! LOL

Could be just spam, in which case, I wouldn't even bother opening it. But just to be on the safe side, see what the e-card site has to say about it.

Love, Scully

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

Ravyn:

This was freakywould freak me out but alas my ONLY admirer is Thunder <pout, sniffle

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

Very strange, could it possibly a really weird joke?

• Gerard
    Gerard

Change your photo for a...say: a Martian cartoon...

Or a smokin' ghost

• wednesday
    wednesday

I was just thinking, i'm old enough to remember when i a girl would have gushed at this type of thing and toold all her friends and have been on cloud 9. My times have changed. So sad to see it go.

btw, while i was typing this post, the wav fiel form your link stated to play. U may have to remve it.

weds

• Francois
    Francois

Any secret admirer is potential trouble. What are you prepared to do about it?

francois

• COMF
    COMF

Here you go, Ravyn...

Stalker Valentine

• shamus
    shamus

Hoo.... that's weird!

Block the e-mails, now. Get rid of whomever it is ASAP. People just love to screw with other people on the internet, so don't get too worried. But, do take immediate action. Could be creepy1

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit