Example of sensitive data – should I be worried?

by Fay Dehr 34 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Slow Burn
    Slow Burn

One point on the form that shows what a complete joke the whole thing is- rating an individual's "spiritual" standing. Absolutely retarted!!

Unfortunatly, we cannot control what others say about us.

Yes, it is BS Fay Dehr, but I wouldn't worry about it too much....

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    Morph: Its not private. Its not confidential. Its nothing.

Yes, pretty much all that information is far from private. It is really, really difficult to stay under the radar in today's world. If someone wants that information, most of it is accessible somewhere.*

I am thinking that the paranoia that people are feeling over this isn't so much those issues - what could be the concern is that this information identifies them as Jehovah's Witnesses. They don't want other people/institutions or the government knowing that they are JWs.

Being officially identified as a Jehovah's Witness makes them feel vulnerable. They have pictures of bunkers in their brains.

It isn't just that they don't trust the WT/org. They distrust everybody else.

*edit to add - what I have found is that is has become increasing difficult to connect actual people with their JW affiliation. It used to be easy. There are individuals who are fairly prominent in certain industries/careers who have learned to guard their JW identity

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus
    I am thinking that the paranoia that people are feeling over this isn't so much those issues - what could be the concern is that this information identifies them as Jehovah's Witnesses. They don't want other people/institutions or the government knowing that they are JWs.

I can understand that crow. Totally. I wouldnt want that, although faders have nothing to fear in that regard either and active witnesses dont care. Just ask them, they will self identify. But nobody has voiced that. Its literally been concerns over “data breeches” and one truly insanly remark about killing those who claim to be anointed. Its beyond paranoid. I lack words to describe how utterly stupid some of this is.... again, i want to be clear, its worth discussing the implications. The real and rational implications, at least, but crying about already public data being breeched and potential assignations of those who claim to be annointed is just ludicrous.

One comment explored the potential for wt membership to exposed as smaller than they claim. Thats something i find fascinating.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    Morph: But nobody has voiced that. Its literally been concerns over “data breeches” and one truly insanly remark about killing those who claim to be anointed. Its beyond paranoid. I lack words to describe how utterly stupid some of this is.... again, i want to be clear, its worth discussing the implications

No, they haven't voiced it. Most of them don't even know why it makes them feel vulnerable. Deep seated and deeply held fears manifest themselves in all sorts of nutty behavior and responses that do seem stupid.

Of course it is stupid - it has been bred into them. Distrust, ramped up fear and paranoia of anyone and anything that isn't part of their insular world is part and parcel of being a JW. It is what their cult is built on.

It isn't as though the JW mantra encourages rational thought and behavior, after all. Irrationality breeds irrationality

• Wakanda
    Wakanda

Just want to say I'm loving reading these posts. When one brings me into the edge of craziness, another grounds me with reason. I'm not totally agreeing with either, but it is helping me think.

ps. I did not ever think they would assassinate someone for partaking! ha ha ha ha ha. They only kill people with shunning, the no blood policy, neglect, ... But, really they would not murder for you for becoming annointed.

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

How funny that in the report card section where they put the "grades" - Spirituality is listed LAST.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

This is sensitive info could you imagine an employer wanting to know and store this stuff on you?

Thing is elders have been talking amongst themselves and taking these notes on people's personal lives for years especially if that person ever reached out, or got in trouble, only now it will go onto a database rather than a old school notebook.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

Your employer DOES keep this info. Its called annual (or semi) performance reviews.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

FAY DEHR:

Should you be worried? Some on here don’t think that you should be because “this is the Information Age” and that’s how it is. I personally don’t like the idea that these types of petty things are compiled by anybody.

As far as their opinions of me: I’m not interested in the opinion of any Jehovah’s Witness, living or dead. They probably still have my name and address and can do with it what they will.

I’m long out and would never sign anything from the religion. But, to each his own.

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

Are the 3 men making up the Service Committee always impartial and objective - in every congregation?

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit