Called on a DF'd person today.

by kairos 26 Replies latest jw experiences

• kairos
    kairos

In my mind, I expected her to be happy to see me and thrilled to hear that  I also am not attending. Boy, was I wrong.

The replies here seem to indicate this mindset she has is likely normal. Really sad to see the darker side of mind control.

• steve2
    steve2

I may evoke a backlash from others, but I do not see it as an outcome of "mind control" as such but more a failure of the personal ability to see beyond what one has been taught. It happens in all sorts of relationships and groups, religious or otherwise: People stay because they do not know what else they could meaningfully do; they remain in unhappy and unfulfiling relationships because they cannot see anything else for themselves...or are afraid if they leave, they'll end up even worse off. Better the devil you know....

People are creatures of habit and it takes mental effort and energy to grow beyond what you have been taught. Of course, high control groups such as JWs play on people's vulnerability to "habits" of belief - but at some level, the individual is complicit in this outcome - which is why JWs will insist that no one "orders" them to shun ex-members - and there is a lot of truth in the willfully cruel acts carried out by people of all sorts of beliefs.

• myelaine
  • goingthruthemotions
    goingthruthemotions

shana...how is your son doing? do you guys talk? did he get reinstated?

god, i hate this cult...

worse mistake of my life was joining this cult..if i coud turn back time!

shalom

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    I know a woman that slept with a man and then got dfd because she wouldn't give the old farts the juicy details. The whole process  stinks yet she still told her brother who was willing to talk to not to call. 
  • joe134cd
    joe134cd
    If they are going to be like that just let them be.
  • kairos
    kairos
    I heard that she has been reinstated recently. What a waste.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit