Tell Us About Your Culture!

by MrMoe 31 Replies latest jw friends

• Englishman
    Englishman

Totally English right back to the early 1800's. No Scots, Welsh or Irish blood whatsoever. Not a trace of Birmingham either.

God, I'm so pure.

Englishman.

• shera
    shera

Show off

• expatbrit
    expatbrit

That would explain the receding chin.

Expatbrit

• Matty
    Matty

E'man, I kinda thought you'd be all Hancock-esque and say something like "English through and through, undiluted for 14 generations, pure Anglo Saxon with maybe just a dash of Viking!"

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

(*sigh*) We may have to shoot you, E-man -- too much purity for this forum! As for me, on my dad's side it's a mixed bag: they left France because of religious persecution in the 1700's and moved to Ireland (bad choice), then immigrated to America after adding some Welsh along the way. They settled in the Pennsylvania/West Virginia areas and pretty much stayed there. Dad was born in Beaver Falls, Pennsylvania in 1924.

My mom's side is less complicated: Greek. Her mother was a shepherdess in a small village outside of Sparta, and her father was raised in a monastery outside of Athens. They immigrated to America in 1910 and 1912, passing through Ellis Island, and met and married in New York City. Mom was born in Richmond, Virginia in 1917. The family settled in Englewood, New Jersey when the kids were little.

Nina

• Kep
    Kep

My Dad was a full blooded Maori.

My mother has a bit of Scottish/English in her.

I guess for me, I feel more Maori than anything. I look it, act it and am trying to speak it.

We have a wonderful culture with songs/dances and stories of the ancestors and gods.

So much to learn and not enough time.

Kep

• Brummie
    Brummie
    Not a trace of Birmingham

Then you aint so pure as your making out LOL

Brummie

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool

My father was Ukaranian. My mother was a mix of German and Hungarian with a little French somewhere along the line. I was born and raised in Canada.

Walter

• MrMoe
    MrMoe

What is Maori?

Mr. Moe,

I wonder how far back we'd have to go to find out if we're related? Bohemia isn't a very big region. My dad is full blood Bohemian, both of his parents were children of immigrants who settled in southern Minnesota. I can relate to what you said about the blood line being strong. I don't look anything like my mom, but if I look at a picture of my great-grandmother I'm a carbon copy (only about 6 inches taller.) Growing up I was always being asked what I was because of the ethnic look of my face.

My mom is a true mutt. She's German, Italian, Norwegian, and Lakota Sioux, with who know's what else in there.

No idea, I think the last name was Skalnik, but not 100% sure... Full blooded Bojemian? Wow, not common at ALL, not in the states anyhow, not any the palce where I have ever been.
    The bloodlines are very strong... we women in the family are all short (I am 5'2",) stocky, with big chests and roundish faces, bright blue eyes, and round noses. And FIESTY. Oh dear lord, talk about personality similarities as well.... And the ethnic look of the face, I have been asked MANY times what my ethnic background is.
  • RandomTask
    RandomTask

My largest chunk of something would have to be spanish-cuban. My mom's dads family all lives around Tampa, although I've never been. Other than that I am Dutch, English, scottish, Irish and maybe Native American, not to sure, my grandmother was adopted.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit