July convention coming

by the mole 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• the mole
    the mole

***the mole*** I have to report the July assembly is coming. A letter read to us last thursday advised us to stay at recommended hotels only. We were told by the governing body that those who do not stay at recommend places are on a path to rebellion. Then we were told that the organization expects a large turnout of apostates protesting at the cow palace in San francisco. So what they really said was spend the money were we told you too and scare you to doing it or else....***the mole***

• Beans
    Beans

What a farce eh, they just want to control every aspect of your life! Then they will have prefects patrolling the hotels and motels so know one is holding hands in public eh! I'm gonna go to one of the hotels park the car shag the wife with my assembly badge on and let the elders pop woodies!

http://Quotes.JehovahsWitnesses.com

• caligirl
    caligirl

Haven't they always recommended that people stay at hotels off the list only because of all the wonderful hard work done by such hard working bethel brothers to procure special lower rates for these weekends? I have not been to a meeting in almost 7 years, and I remember hearing the same thing every single year over and over along with the blah blah blah of how to conduct oneself at the hotels and out on the town.

• Pleasuredome
    Pleasuredome

hi mole! glad to see you back here again.

did they really say that it would be rebellion not to use the recomended hotels? it makes you wonder if the WTS are making money on people booking their recomended hotels.

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

About 30 years ago in MA, a bunch of us were registered at a motel around Natick....the Sunrise or the Sunset or something, and it was the WORST dive we had ever SEEN. They had put in cots for all my kiddies, and we had to literally climb OVER one to get INTO the room! The management had it so that we could only open the door partway and climb in!

The entire place smelled strongly of mildew, and we could NOT shut off the hot water faucet in the bathroom, it gushed all night long! What a nightmare!

Another year in Roanoke VA, another dismal room and less-than-the-usual-JW-clean-standards.......one of my girls had gone to get ice, and my youngest girl (then 10) hid under the bed to surprise her......and I got the surprise! She came out from under the bed with something used and totally disgusting! (UGH!) I marched right down to the office and told them that they need to clean more thoroughly, and I deposited the "surprise" that I had wrapped in toilet paper right on the counter and walked out.

So much for the loving brothers checking out the accommodations for us!

Another year in Rochester, the family I was travelling with had booked rooms at a "no-no" unlisted motel.....you would not believe how many ELDERS & families were there too! <grin>

hugs,

Annie

• nonjwalltheway
    nonjwalltheway

The reason that the WTS is telling people to stay at recommended hotels is because they are getting a kickback from the hotel. I bet they get a commission for each JW room that is rented. More rooms means more commission for the greedy Watchtower. They suck!

• Pleasuredome
    Pleasuredome

ditto nonjw

i wonder if a jw involved in an accident at a recomended hotel, where the the hotel were found negligent, would put an end to the recomendations? could the WTS be sued because they recomended and insisted that the hotel should be used?

• gcc2k
    gcc2k
    The reason that the WTS is telling people to stay at recommended hotels is because they are getting a kickback from the hotel. I bet they get a commission for each JW room that is rented. More rooms means more commission for the greedy Watchtower. They suck!

Can you prove this allegation? I have often wondered myself whether or not there was an ulterior motive at work here.

• shamus
    shamus

Yes, I would like to see some proof of that allegation, too. Although the society is quite silly, I don't think that they are capable of that. However, they did keep quiet about the molestation cases, so it could very well be a fact. Anyways, I would definetly need to see some kind of proof.

Just wanted everyone to know that for the 5th year in a row I will NOT be attending. Nor will I be out there protesting. It is their religion and if they wish to be blinded by it all the more power to them.

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

I'm glad they don't have them here. Most of the the regular tourists don't need instructions on how to behave in public. Remarkably they kinda know already.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit