When this is over...

by joey jojo 27 Replies latest jw friends

• Vidiot
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

But, will I be able to avoid Noahide Law? I don't think so.

So WT just how long were you a JWS, ? you certainly show evidence of some kind of mental virus.

What I'm more concerned about is the world's economy after, people not spending their money or working means less tax derived and collected by the governments, which they have now borrowed billions to help out their populations through this pandemic. ???

I sense higher taxes for awhile and a variable economic recession.

• lastmanstanding
    lastmanstanding

I’ll fill in some blanks. Big companies are panicking to draw down 100% of their credit facilities. This is what happened just prior to 2008. Liquidity is about to dry up. When it does ..Lehman Bro’s., and Lehman sisters, and Lehman mothers and fathers and uncles, aunts and neighbors , dogs cats rats bats and llamas will be at the bank doors screaming for cash and it won’t be there.

Boeing Plans Full Drawdown of $13.825 Billion Loan

Companies are starting to draw down credit facilities.

While the drawdowns are a precautionary move, they raise a big risk for investors battling through the coronavirus selloff in the stock market. It is what is known as the risk of “procyclicality.”

Banks scramble as companies rush to tap back-up credit lines https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-03-12/dash-for-cash-is-on-as-corporate-titans-draw-down-credit-lines

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

LASTMANSTANDING:

Don’t worry, not everybody on the forum is as ‘economically illiterate’ as you might imagine..I agree with you. I was in the workforce full time and fully aware of how the world and economy works.

Even though everything can play out just as you say, I hope it doesn’t happen. Because if it does, we are screwed.

WT WIZARD:

I agree with most of what you said..especially about social distancing. I think this just makes everybody ‘feel’ better. I also don’t think supermarkets are particularly sanitary and ditto what you said about how one infected customer can touch a cart, etc.

Just keep on doing the wise things you are doing and maybe enlighten some of your coworkers. Stay well.

• joey jojo
    joey jojo

Reviving this post, not because I started it and like the sound of my voice, (I swear), but because some time has now passed.

The world is different.

Has it turned out how everyone thought it would be when the pandemic started 2 years ago?

A few things happened I didnt expect.

Im most surprised at how long the tail end of it seems to dragging on, in spite of having vaccines for the first time in history to fight a pandemic. Also, the anti-vax, anti-science rhetoric and subsequent political divisiveness was unexpected but perhaps it just took the lid off an issue that was already simmering. At the start, it felt like we were all in it together but it changed as time went on.

• pistolpete
    pistolpete

The pandemic the lesser evil. In two years 5,903,219 people have died World wide.

That's 2,951,609 per year IN THE ENTIRE WORLD.

The ones that died were elderly, those medically compromised, and the obese.

More people have died of suicide, riots, crime, alcoholism, drug addiction, etc.

Many Countries have switched over to tyranny like Australia. Now Canada is fighting to resist a dictator from taking over. The USA is also fighting to keep Tyranny from taking over.

The Watchtower for the first time stopped all door to door preaching and closed all Kingdom halls world wide. It is the beginning of the end for the organization.

Woke-ism and gender identity has taken over and the cancel culture has taken hold of most people.

The new USA President wants a Nuclear war with Russia and is de stabilizing America.

Even people who have never been Jehovah's Witnesses or have had any ties to the Watchtower's end of days ideas, are getting this deep feeling in their gut, that this might be the early beginning of another extinction event leaving only a few humans to start over again. Unfortunatly a small group of men who have taken power will be the ones responsible for this catastrophic event

• Foolednomore
    Foolednomore
    The pandemic as changed the way business is done. Has opened up the work from home. Now companies can have employees work from their home offices.
  • Simon
    Simon

The wealthy got significantly wealthier

Governments became more authoritarian and controlling

Small businesses and individuals got screwed over

So the world didn't change that much, it just amplified what was going on.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit