Fraud?

by NICKITA 39 Replies latest jw friends

• NICKITA
    NICKITA

By the way, Messenger, I'm not from eastern Kentucky. Not from that State, not from that country, not even from that whole continent.
    Strange that in all your brightness you haven't noticed English is not even my mother tongue.

• expatbrit
    expatbrit

Nickita:

The term "ensnare" is how I view their activities.

If you were to state from the GB's point of view, presumably it would be "the more out of the spotlight they stay, the less critical attention focused upon them, the easier it is for them to save more people."

What they regard as saving, I regard as ensnaring. They no doubt sincerely believe, but have been, are continue to delude themselves and others.

Most members of the Nazi party sincerely believed that they were doing what was best for Germany and humanity.

Expatbrit

• dark clouds
    dark clouds

Nickita:

perhaps you should do the homework yourself if you don't like what you have heard,
    but if you don't like bones don't go digging in a cemetary . . .

chuck

• Moxy
    Moxy

nickita objected to messenger's implying that GB members never go in service but go on skiing holidays instead. lol. she wondered how he knew this. i think thats a fair question.

mox

• messenger
    messenger

how do i know what i say?? unlike you nikita who believes only what you are told, i am relaying what i have actually seen. i know members of the gb personally and have friends that do also. you do not have to go skiing to go to the resorts as well as other things i mentioned, can be varied with a view to age. you see, you comment and defend what you do not know and when you hear the truth you call it a lie. sadly this is the same response most cult members have. dream on and enjoy your fantasy wt world. you still have not answered my question....which is it, fool, idiot, or coward? i am beginning to lean toward fool.

• TR
    TR

Nickita,

But so far I have never read something as to the reasons behind the fraud. Something making real sense, I mean.

Why does it matter? The WTS IS fraudulent, deceitful, harmful, make up their own doctrine in opposition to the bible. We KNOW these things. Who really knows whether the GB believe their own crap? Crap is crap. They are NOT God's channel on earth any more than I am. It doesn't matter the reasons behind it all. The WTS is a bogus religion, and the less people that get involved, the better. Who really knows what's kicking around in the minds of these old men? By the time a JW becomes a GB member, they've seen just about every dark, dank, and smelly place within the WTS. If they can make it past all of that, then they must be pretty hardened to the reality that they are not guided by God.

You ever hear the term "theocratic warfare"? I'm willing to bet that that term has a very broad application. They can use any fraud or deceit to promote "God's" organization. How convenient. Ever read the transcipt from the trial in Scotland? It's on record that 'unity' is more important than truth.

So what if we don't know the 'reasons'. It just doesn't matter. Do you understand? You seem blissfully unaware, i.e. ignorant, of the true nature of the WTS. You need to heed the above posts requests to do more reading.(non-WTS books) So, it's your choice. Be ignorant, or informed.

TR

"cults suck"

• ridgerunner57
    ridgerunner57

Power. Yes, power is the ultimate answer to the question posed, Nikita. Thanks for a very poignant question, as I believe it is a question on the minds of many on this board. I was in for 18 years and out for 26 but I still have my life controlled to a certain degree, to this day. A cult that controls family members can do much damage.
    OutnFree: Right on!

• NICKITA
    NICKITA

Messenger, I never said you were lying neither did I call you names as you did with me.
    I just asked for FACTS and all I got from you were generalities.
    True, I don't live with GB members, but they are not hermits, they live and work daily shoulder to shoulder with thousands of bro/sis. ( and I have several friends there) who have the chance to see what they do and to know their whereabouts and apparently the majority don't judge questionable, or excessive, or fraudulent, what they see. Are they all blind or what? Are you the smartest of all to detect the deception?
    I know you'll probably say that many actually do see what you saw but keep it for themselves and don't have the guts to quit for several reasons blablabla...
    My opinion is that no matter how good one is there'll always be somebody who will view him in a negative light and misjudge his motives. Jehovah himself has wayward children and very likely they view Him as an unfair, power-hungry, selfish tyrant, and view his rule as a limitation of their freedom and a form of mind-control. Then what? It is God's fault? If they view things like that, they are not forced to side with Him.
    Same with you guys.
    Thanks for your share anyway. I think I have explored enough your take on this matter and have had my suspects confirmed.

• ianao
    ianao

Here we go with yet more of this utter bullshit.

Jehovah himself has wayward children and very likely they view Him as an unfair, power-hungry, selfish tyrant, and view his rule as a limitation of their freedom and a form of mind-control. Then what? It is God's fault? If they view things like that, they are not forced to side with Him.

Nice "devotion" you have to God. Now, let's see... What would happen if if governing body started "endorsing" a scriptural stance that you disagree with? How quickly would you get "thrown out" on your arse for disagreeing with the musings of men?

Oh WAIT!!! That's right! You CAN disagree, as long as you keep it to yourself, right? But that's OK, because like any religion, many of the so-called devoted followers only half believe it. And like any other religion, if you disagree with it, you can always "opt out", right?

WHOOPS!!! Forgot something! This is the "one true religion" we are talking about here! This is the ticket to God! If you're out of this one, you're out for good, right? You need to stay with Jah's people and consume the "spiritual food" like any strong christian would do right? THAT'S WHAT JAH WANTS YOU TO DO, RIGHT? JAH WANTS YOU TO READ THE WT MAGS AND DISTRIBUTE THEM FOR A DONATION RIGHT?

Now let's put the quote a different way:

The governing body itsself has wayward children and very likely they view it as an unfair, power-hungry, selfish tyrant, and view it's rule as a limitation of their freedom and a form of mind-control. Then what? It is their fault? If they view things like that, they are not forced to side with it.

That puts it into proper perspective from most ex's point of view, IMO.

One last thing NICKITA, regarding the quote at the top of this post:

... If they view things like that, they are not forced to side with Him.

Interesting insight into your motives.

• dark clouds
    dark clouds

i had a phase right before i left that i doubted all that was said against the borg
    whether it came from friends that were one foot in-one foot out,
    or co-workers, or school mates
    it was denial now that i see it in hind sight
    and for a while
    Nickita
    i defended the views as if my life depended on it
    no pun intended
    so as to your last remark
    i can understand your stance
    for you speak and reason
    the way the WT wants you to
    like a true witness