Why do Jehovah`s Witnesses believe everything will be Hunky Dory after Armageddon ? I have news for them.

by smiddy3 31 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

The whole concept and theology of the "1000 year reign" and subsequent test by Satanic hordes is simply laughable!

I mean, come on Jehovah, haven't humans jumped through enough hoops throughout mankinds history already? Haven't you allowed enough crap to occur? Oh no, of course not! Now let's once again cause them distress 1000 years into "perfection and paradise!"

Its almost like you just enjoy constantly niggling at these humans of yours! Like picking at a scab, just to see if it will get infected again!?

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010
    Why do Jehovah`s Witnesses believe everything will be Hunky Dory after Armageddon ?

For the same reason that people from the Heaven's gate cult were Hunky Dory about getting castrated and poison themselves. They are brainwashed.

• sir82
    sir82

There is vanishingly little of the whole JW "paradise earth" doctrine that holds up to even the mildest scrutiny.

You might as well criticize flat-earthers, unicorn-believers, etc.

• venus
    venus

In all the Scriptures and Epics of the world, details are too many, hence problematic. "When words are many, transgression is not lacking." (Proverb 10:19)

However, behind the details there is truth:

1) Earth continues to be a paradise till ego appears, and world becomes decadent.

2) Decadent, old world is renewed by God in its due time. (Mathew 19:28)

Interestingly, this theme can be seen in all scriptures of the world which defines God as the one who renews things, not as one who creates the world. This definition of God is reverberating throughout Bible also (Isaiah 65:17; Isaiah 66:22; Acts 3:21; 2 Peter 3:13 ; Revelation 21:1, 5 ....)

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    smiddy3 - "They seem to think that all they will do is enjoy a carefree life with little or no concerns problems or worries ..."

I've said this many times, folks, but IMO, it will always bear repeating...

...the Org has stated in no uncertain terms that it absolutely plans to be around and govern the world after the Big A (with the Warwick compound as its de facto planetary capital, no less).

Now imagine the WTS being given control of a small country tomorrow.

I guarantee you that within a decade, democracy, free speech, and freedom of religion would be nonexistent, advances in science and medicine would grind to a halt, divorce would be illegal in virtually all circumstances, creationism would be mandated in schools, any alternative form of sexual expression would be criminalized, disfellowshipped individuals would be imprisoned or deported, and "apostates" would be sentenced to death without possibility of appeal or reprieve.

Now, imagine that regime on a planetary scale.

Indefinitely.

"Carefree", indeed.

• flipper
    flipper

I have news for them as well. The JW's have a hell of a lot more to worry about than an imaginary " Armageddon " or a "paradise " ( which will never happen ), and a hell of a lot more to worry about in the here and now than an imaginary " Satan the Devil " who does not exist who may - allegedly - torment them in 1,000 years. ( which will never happen )

JW's need to worry about doing something they tend to ignore or devalue constantly- and that's living in the real world, everyday in the here and now - planning for their financial security in the short years left of life they have left to live here on this planet before dying of natural causes. They need to break out of this unreasonable fantasy that anybody ever lives forever ( which they don't ) , and they need to pull the little WT voodoo doll pins out of their head that make them believe in unrealities and lies of the WT Society.

Unless JW's wake up to these facts they will die in an even sadder state than those of us who are Ex-Jws who have gotten used to the idea that yes indeed- every human who has ever been born - WILL DIE. If a person STAYS a JW until death they upon dying either remain in their fantasy thinking incorrectly that they'll live again ( which won't happen ) or they die awakening to TTATT - sadly realizing upon death that they wasted their entire life on a pipe dream . How messed up is that ? Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• NotNew
    NotNew

So true...they focus on the carrot— just get through the first AG and everything will be ok. I remember the final-final test was to test those who were raised from the dead who had not gone through the first AG— so now you have the privilege to go through the second. The thought was if you made it through the first one didn’t guarantee you would make it through the last one!

Also if you were real bad you would be put to death during the thousand years.

GLF

• flipper
    flipper

NotNew- Very true. This is one reason - in my opinion- that it's so hard for JW's to deal with real life in the here and now- they are so focused on this imaginary " paradise " - they don't learn how to live in reality right now in the real world

• days of future passed
    days of future passed

It is hard enough for some JW's to think about getting through the Great Tribulation. Afraid of making one tiny mistake that will cost them their everlasting life.... Why would they even want to think about Satan running around later and having to face another test?

Really the injustice of it all. Adam and Eve dead at 900 plus years, Satan still going strong after 7,000 years. The "murderer" of human kind gets to kill some more and more until God is through using him to "test" his humans. Ooops I thought god doesn't do stuff like that.

• kairos
    kairos

My very in JW wife is going to 'work' a literature cart this morning.

I on the other hand, will be finishing up my headband and then will be working on my stick...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit