Need input: elders showed up at our door today

by de-opresso-liber 24 Replies latest jw experiences

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

If they throw you under the bus, is it OK to take blood?

...as a snack, I mean.

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

Depending on what you said to others and if others perceive that it's apostasy, then you might be heading towards the chopping block.

• Tenacious
    Tenacious

A sure fire way to get the elders and the CO and the Org to leave you alone is simple.

Draft a strong worded letter that if they persist with their pestering you will sue them, the Org, and anyone else who disregards your position to be left alone. Advise them that the next letter will be from your attorney.

The Org will choose to leave you alone than to be saddled with yet another money sinkhole.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

"The Org will choose to leave you alone than to be saddled with yet another money sinkhole."

...or they will call your bluff and do what their sockpuppet tells them to do.

• smiddy
    smiddy

I think " apparent Apostacy" has become so rife in the organization now ,that they are now shooting from the hip and as crazyguy says they will move quick to try to kill the problem.

I also think they are flogging a dead horse , its too late to shut the gate.

• flipper
    flipper

I would be careful giving out information to the elder you say that is " helping " you- he may be a double agent- if you get my drift. Many of these elders play " good cop, bad cop" and are really just " plants " put there from the C.O. to cozy up to you to get more information. Be smart, be wary. From one who has been there. We are here as a support to you, hang in there

• Pubsinger
    Pubsinger

Yep only talk to your inside man. Don't message or text.

• iwasblind
    iwasblind

Hi de-opresso-liber

My thoughts after recently going through something similar. Don't give them the fuel. It is not a crime to be stumbled. Don't give them the ease of saying you don't believe it is the Twoof anymore so they can "process" you.

It is not a sin to stop going to meetings or to stop - they can only DF you if you say the magic words "I don't believe that 7 men in NY are God's only channel...."

That is my take. They have no authority over you.

Answer the door with a smile, show them the love they are supposed to show, and just tell them you are grappling and need time.

Hope that helps. If they DF you, that won't help anybody. Just my take.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Twice they called on me trying to DF me for Apostasy.

Twice they failed.

Now I just get a call with an "Invite" to a Convention or something, about twice a year.

Follow the advice in the Posts above, and give them nothing to work on.

Good luck !

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

Say nothing more, give them nothing more - not even your time!

When they contact you to "request" a meeting with you, politely ask what the meeting is about. When they tell you what's on their mind, simply say that you are grateful for their "offer", but that you are having to deal with private & personal issues which have sorely troubled you - and if things change, you will gladly call them!

If you want to fade, I'd try to minimise/defuse the statements already made to others.

If the call reveals that their "swords" are drawn, your Plan B looks likely.

I wish you well.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit