In Your Opinion, What Is The Purpose Of This Board?

by minimus 41 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

My understanding is that this board can serve as a place to come so that JW's and EX-JW's can get together to discuss mostly, JW issues as well as matters such as our likes and dislikes of a non-religious nature. Since there are so many posters here, could you please express what you think this place is for?

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

Healing & Suppressing Doubts

• nowisee
    nowisee

for me it has been:

l) camaraderie of people who have shared similar experiences and understand me on that common ground

2) the making of new friends

3) education and updating

4) a chance for new understandings and insights

5) intellectual stimulation

6) humor, many times from a particular approach common to xjws

7) sometimes it is a world tour! amazing that you can talk to people all over the world at once.

not in any particular order - and probably much more if i think about it for a while.

• Brummie
    Brummie

I'm with you on this one Minimus

But it also serves to encourage freethinking to those who are just getting used to personal responsibility in the mind department. From what I can see, it brings conflict and insecurities huh.

Brummie

• shera
    shera

For myself,a place to heal and help me see that the WTS is full of BS.

My anixety levels have gone so much,because of this site and beliefnet.com ,its amazing that I have good nite rests now.

I have made some friends, I think here and I'm glad that you are all in my life.You have all helped me more than what you all think.

Kisses and hugs to all of yahs

• JH
    JH

Letting out steam, and warning others of the dangers of the watchtower religion. Exchanging ideas and experiences. Making friends, not enemies.

This board unites people shunned by the watchtower. It is a healing place.

• nowisee
    nowisee

and oh, yes. it may well be a place both to find support and lend a helping hand or listening ear when it is most needed.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

I think it gives Minimus an international soapbox from which to make his inquiries.

I'm not saying that's a bad thing.

• minimus
    minimus

Now see, Nathan, I think that was a shot. And if I responded in kind, this thread could eventually get locked up. I already expressed what I thought of the purpose of the board. But thanks for your imput.

• Englishman
    Englishman

One of the purposes of the board is to serve as a place for doubting witnesses to see that there can be life outside of the WT.

This is the main reason that I tend to worry if some of the posts are too OTT in case we just send wavering witnesses scuttling back to the KH in disgust. That's why I'm a tub-thumper about overt obscenity appearing here.

I do appreciate the fact that departing dubs have to live in the real world so we can't tailor our every thought to them, I'm just hoping however that we can at least keep them reading here for a little while before their conscience says it's time to leave.

Englishman.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit