Did you pioneer?

by JH 26 Replies latest jw friends

• Brummie
    Brummie

Yep regular pioneered, used to hate Feb because it was freezing and only had 28 days but never failed to get the hours in. Motivation: Thought God required it...durr Brummie

• Rado Vleugel
    Rado Vleugel

I was a regular pioneer for almost eight years. Ibecame a pioneer when I was 17 years old. You can read my story here.

Greetings,
    Rado Vleugel

• Brummie
    Brummie

GREAT story Rado! Thanks for the thread.

Brummie

• beckyboop
    beckyboop

Yup, for about 6 years. I wanted to start right after graduation, but (HORRORS) I got in trouble with a boy and they wouldn't let me start right away. I guess I should have taken that for a big universal HINT...

By the last 2 years though, I was going out less and less, but magically my time always squeaked by. My decision to come off the regular pioneer list was a very big one, because I knew I'd never do it again. I really saw the hypocrisy, backbiting, and gossip firsthand--and it made me sick. Sick enough to pretty much stop going to meetings very quickly after quitting pioneering.

Becky

• asleif_dufansdottir
    asleif_dufansdottir

I pioneered within a year of getting baptised. I had friends (in other congs) who were pioneers. It was hard in our cong. We usually only had 1 or 2 reg pioneers, and it was hard to find someone to go out with everyday. Those who were successful usually lived in the same town as most of the rest of the cong, where the most attended service meetings were.

I remember when the PO's daughter was the only pioneer when I was thinking of pioneering. Her mom made the comment to me that sometimes pioneers have to work by themselves. I told a female pioneer/elder's wife friend in another congregation that. She about had a cow at the idea, told me that their CO said even if you can't get your hours in, sisters were never to go out alone.

• ikhandi
    ikhandi

I regular pioneered for four years while I was in college trying to get my degree. It started out as one of the most rewarding times in my life until everything kind of got mundane. I must admit I pushed myself too hard at times trying to keep that pioneer spirit and while continuing to have the whole souled devotion attitude. It just got to be too much for me, afterall I got a lot of slack from others that I was trying to attain higher education. I had way too many stresses in my life at that tiime. Its funny now in spite of all I have been through I really don't regret that part of my life. For what I have endured has made me a much stronger individual.

Stand up for yourself even if your standing alone

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

No. (I think that's also why the lil' sisters never looked my way... I wasn't one of those 'great catches'. You know... the 'pioneer brothers'. <rolls eyes>)

Regards,

Jim TX

• joelbear
    joelbear

I pioneered for about 2 years after I was dismissed from Bethel. The brothers thought that by keeping busy I would better be able to fight my homosexual cravings. It didn't work and I stopped pioneering in frustration after having just about driven myself crazy trying to stop masturbating.

Argh. I want my youth back dang it.

Joel

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

17 loooooong years. When I think about it I want to cry. I wish I would have known then what I know now.

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002

I auxiliary pioneered as a youth during the summer months because that was considered "reaching out" and the "spiritually mature" thing to do.

It was to be accepted by others and viewed as good association.

Ahh what a waste of time. Can I get my summers back please?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit