Help!! Baby Birds have invaded!!

by Scully 22 Replies latest jw friends

• Dansk
    Dansk
    It seems like the little guys are being well cared for by their mum now.

Well done, Scully. If the parents are back feeding you've done well. Keep us all informed

Dansk

• asleif_dufansdottir
    asleif_dufansdottir
    Rayzorblade: I always enjoy reading your stories. I especially enjoy reading people's stories where circumstances lead them to help and care for animals or people who need help. We "apostates" aren't such a bad lot, now are we??

You mean everybody doesn't rescue finches who have flown into picture windows (cold-cocked himself...he sat on my finger until he woke completely up, [he wasn't quite sure about me at first] then flew off).

Or tame feral cats and find them homes?

Or have the squirrels in their yard come up on the porch and look in the window wanting to know why the feeder's empty...or to let you know the birdbath's empty and their thirsty??

Hubby says all animals think I'm their momma...'cept human animals

That's how the dubs got ahold of me...the caring for the animals thing...

• asleif_dufansdottir
    asleif_dufansdottir

...once I was staying at the home of a friend-of-a-friend I'd never met. Those of us who were traveling were up before the family who lived there were the next morning, and the family cat was very intently trying to convince me it was time to feed the cat (don't ask me how I can understand what they want...I just can). I kept telling him there was a dry food bowl right there. My 2 friends were rolling on the floor that the cat had ignored them til I got up, at which time he walked right over to me and started 'talking' to me.

When the lady of the house got up and came into the kitchen, I said, "I'm sorry, you can think I'm insane if you want, but your cat's been trying to convince me he's supposed to be fed for about a half hour now. I can see his food dish is full." She laughed and said, "Oh, my husband gives him canned food every morning. That's funny, he never bugs anybody else about it, but he won't let my husband rest until he feeds him!"

I've also had other people's cats inform me their water dish is empty and they're thirsty. One time the neighbor's cat howled at me from their roof until I went over and knocked on the door (it spent lots of time on their flat roof and never did it before). Turns out the window it went in and out of accidentally got shut.

What I want to know is...how do they unerringly head for me ??

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit