Have you ever had your oven door explode?

by Ucantnome 38 Replies latest jw experiences

• smiddy
    smiddy

I loved that reply Rebel8 , can yo imagine that experience used at a convention ?

smiddy

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome
    Just happened again
  • LisaRose
    LisaRose

No, but I had an unfortune accident with a fudge pie once. Ever try getting fudge pie out from between the glass in an oven? Yucky.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

They just don't make oven doors like they used to.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath
    my knob became loose once.
  • brandnew
    brandnew

Ummmm a chicken pot pie blew up in my face once .....the second i stuck a fork in that sucker and BAM !!!! 😂😂😂

• just fine
    just fine
    I haven't had that happen. I think you have somehow angered the oven gods........... Best go out to eat from now on, and for heavens sake don't go to one of those open kitchen places where that oven might get you. :-)
  • talesin
    talesin

I typed it into Google, and top article, 2015, from CBS Chicago, says it's common (previous results from 2013 and earlier have similar reports). I found this quote particularly interesting. Sears products' quality has declined. I had 2 Kenmore fridges that had compressor problems (heat emanating from the freezer of my new, expensive fridge), and a quick online search showed this was endemic in the Kenmore line. House fires and insurance claims were rampant. [bold is mine]

:http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2015/07/08/2-investigators-glass-oven-doors-shattering-without-warning/

In just the past year, the Consumer Product Safety Commission received 123 complaints of oven glass breaking. Kenmore received the most complaints with 52. Some consumers complain about repeated breaks. One said the same oven door exploded three-times. Another complained it happened four times. Other complaints include 20 for Frigidaire and 20 for GE.
  • Stirred
    Stirred
    I'd say if it happened near you 4 times, it is statistically significant. Was this in your home again? Is it gas or electric?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit