Have you ever had your oven door explode?

by Ucantnome 38 Replies latest jw experiences

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus
    Note to self: when ucantnome comes over, i cook
  • Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

Note to self: when ucantnome comes over, i cook

lol

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot
    It sounds like it's just bad quality ovens probably made in China or overseas.
  • sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

The glass on my oven door exploded as you describe, a thousand pieces of safety glass all over the place.

I had just checked whatever was cooking shut the door and as I turned and walked away pshhh.

I felt like I was in a Bruce Willis movie walking away calmly from a house as it explodes behind him.lol, ok so I have a flair for the dramatic.

I wish the WT was an oven door 😇

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome
    Thanks sparrowdown. I'm glad.its not just me.
  • sparrowdown
    sparrowdown
    No worries, I even had bits of safety glass stuck on the back of my sweater and in my hair.
  • Simon
    Simon

Yikes, no - now I'm afraid to go in the kitchen.

Microwave meals from now on ...

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

That only happened once when I used Gun Powder instead of Baking Powder.

Seriously though, I'd Google the make and model of your oven or look at the manufacturers website to see if there's been some kind of problem with your stove or maybe a recall. That could have ruined your whole day !

• Introvert 2
    Introvert 2

Did that to a fire place door once, but I had overheated the thing like 7 times hehe. For real I like to stack them logs in there and get the thing read hot so that the brickwork gives off heat for a day or two after.

Heat cycling causes stress and eventually it goes pop especially if it was improperly installed and there is some type of load or pressure on it. We get the same deal with metallurgy and often times we give our workpieces a stress relief to let parts sort themselves out after machining or other. All normal and in a good days work. Funny how in JW land we used to think all these things were supernatural phenomena.

Also happens often on automotive glass where the body work flexes, loads the glass and on a cold morning you come outside to see one in a million pieces. Back glass often on account of defrost.

• rebelfighter
    rebelfighter
    Sparrowdown saying even in my hair reminded me of an incident that happened to us 35 years ago while camping in the Keys. We were sound asleep and heard this little ping the next thing we knew we had safety glass covering us. The big plate glas window right at our heads shattered into a million pieces, we never laughed so hard, it took us forever to find and clean up all that glass.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit