Arsenal, Southampton, The FA Cup & Number 3 Son.

by Englishman 19 Replies latest jw friends

• Dansk
    Dansk

Hey Querty,

I notice you posted Arsenal might just about win AFTER the game was over!

You wouldn't happen to have tonight's lottery ticket winning numbers would you?

Dansk

• Shutterbug
    Shutterbug

Mystery,

It seems you took my ravings a little too seriously. Hey pal, it's not personal, lighten up. Neither soccor or American football constitutes a holy crusade. However, your tirade against me personally gives me a clue as to why riots often break out at soccor matches. Bug

• Englishman
    Englishman
    gives me a clue as to why riots often break out at soccor matches.

It's much less common now than it used to be. I've been to over 500 league matches (What a hero!) and only seen trouble at 2.

Actually, I have seen every professional team in the country play, barring Coventry and Rushden & Diamonds.

Englishman.

• Dansk
    Dansk

Eman,

Rushden & Diamonds

How'd a team with a name like THAT get into the football league? More reminiscent of a pub team!

Dansk

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    More reminiscent of a pub team!

Some think they are!

• Rihannsu
    Rihannsu

Too bad I was Hoping the Saints would win :(

• Undecided
    Undecided

How did American football get that name. It should be handball as the only time it is kicked is when all else fails to get a score. Socker is really football.

I have lost all interest in sports, except bowling, since that is about all I can participate in these days. In fact I've about lost interest in everything I used to love. I need some passion in my life. Now that I have retired and have time to pursue my hobbies I lost interest in them. Maybe I will recover.

Ken P.

• Englishman
    Englishman

Hi Ken,

You need something new when you retire, not just a diluted edition of what once was.

BTW, do you play Bowls in the US? I gave it a try some years back as we have several bowling greens within a couple of hundred yards of home, it's much more exciting than one might think.

Regards,

Englishman.

• Undecided
    Undecided

Englishman,

We don't have that sport that I am aware of, our bowling is in a building with several alleys. My brother and I bowl with the old folks, it is sponsored by the county and it only cost $4.00 a week. It is fun to associate with the group who are about equally divided between whites, blacks, men and women.

I do need to get some new interest going in my life.

This week my brother and I went to the outer banks of NC with a friend we worked with who is also retired. He has some rich friends who let us use his condo free at the beach. It brought back many fond memories we had from our youth to the present. We had a great time and met an English couple on a ferry who had rented a car and traveled in the US for several weeks. They were amazed at how big the US is and seemed to be having a great time, very friendly couple.

Ken P.

• Englishman
    Englishman

Ken,

Yes we play 10 pin bowling quite a lot, also skittles which is a 9 pin version and very popular in pubs. I was referring to Lawn Bowls, this sort of thing:

Englishman.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit