What do you think of Baha'i Faith?

by Eyebrow2 36 Replies latest jw experiences

• gitasatsangha
    gitasatsangha

True ecumenalism does require a certain (if unspoke) acknowledgement that there are elements that are wrong in all religions, but that these are not as important (or eternal) as the underlying truths.

my $.02 on that issue.

• amac
    amac

Gitas...-

I believe that is what Hooberus has a difference of opinion of, but I don't think he/she sees it as merely an opinion.

It seems to me, the most accurate way to think is that they are just different ways of thinking and believing. There is not one that is right and one that is wrong. We are all wrong. No one has an exclusive on truth.

But then again.......................I could be wrong.

• gitasatsangha
    gitasatsangha

exactly. As it is said in the Vedas, "Truth is one, sages know it by many names." I think to often every one of us have this urge to dwell on the minor details, missing the woods for the trees as they say.

• hooberus
    hooberus
    hooberus,

The answer is quite easy. Baha'is beleive that Jesus was crucified and agree with the more liberal Koranic scholars (Muslims) that see the text to mean that Jesus was killed but the "Christ" lived on and could not be destroyed. Once you separate the "station of Jesus" as the "Christ" from the physical reality, there is a consistant and logical theology.

carmel

This "theology" seems to deny that Jesus is the Christ (present-tense). Thus the Bahai faith may have (if it denies that Jesus is still the Christ) the spirit of antichrist, along with the various new-age groups that claim to be following Jesus Christ yet have the same spirit of antichrist. " Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son." 1 John 2:22

• Eyebrow2
    Eyebrow2

Carmel...I am glad to see there is someone on the board that has first hand experience; I appreciate you sharing!

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman
    The correct statement people should consider is "It's OK to believe that you're right, as long as you realize that it is simply your belief and not a fact."

But if we don't think that what we believe is a fact, shouldn't we believe in something else? Phrasing it your way still boils down to a lack of commitment to one's beliefs, imho.

There was a time when disagreeing with someone about his or her beliefs wasn't regarded as a personal attack. Now, it seems, if you tell someone that his or her belief is wrong, you're liable to be accused of "hate speech." How unfortunate that the Thought Police among us have gotten so far toward destroying freedom of speech and religion in our society.

• Francois
    Francois

The only thing I know about the Baha'i faith is what I heard Vic Damone say about it on the Johnny Carson show years ago. Something about the spirit of the rock, and the spirit of the tree, and the spirit of some other thing. And Vic was being sooooooo intense about it all, and Carson - who tried never to be drawn into a serious conversation was having a hard time keeping a straight face. This was during the time that Vic Damone was squiring around Diane Carroll and attempting to get her to agree to make their little contributions to the gene pool in the form of, well, children. I don't think ol' Vic was ever able to get her to go along with that program. Good sensible woman, that Diane Carroll. Very good lookin' chick too.

francois

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit