Stealing Cruzanhearts thunder

by Eyebrow2 14 Replies latest jw experiences

• Eyebrow2
    Eyebrow2

Sorry Cruz, but something you said in another post got me thinking so much, that I thought I would steal it and start a new thread:

My therapist said something yesterday that I found profound. She said that I need to grieve and sort out three things: the life I thought I had, the life I wanted to have, and the life I really had.

So, I ask you all:

What was the life you THOUGHT had as a JW

They Life you want to have

And the Life you really have now?

And how do you get to the life you want?

Damn....now I am going to be up all night thinking about this....well, miseary loves company, so why dontcha all join me?

• Ravyn
    Ravyn

the life I thought I had with JWs: I thought I was RIGHT.

the life I wanted to have with JWs: I wanted to be RIGHT.

the life I really had with JWs: I was WRONG.

the life I want to have now: I want to be HAPPY.

the life I really have now: I am HAPPIER than when I was a JW.

I think this life is better than that one was.

Ravyn

• Eyebrow2
    Eyebrow2

that is poetic...and I can honestly say my life is happier now too

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Cool! I'm flattered. As for me, the life I thought I had was one where my parents loved me unconditionally and I was in the Only Right Religion, soon to be in Paradise. The life I wished I had? Well, it's interesting to look back on. I fantasized a lot to get me through the days, nights, weeks, months and years -- kind of a James Bond (female, of course!) sort of thing -- and in ALL of my fantasies my parents were dead, or my mother only was alive and she was really a mean, evil aunt and not my mother. What really is: my religion was false, my parents were selfish in a 1950's kind of way (I found lots of parallels in "Catch Me If You Can"), but I have not only survived but escaped from both. I love my life now. I love my family. I am happy. And I know for a dead certainty that I would have an instant heart attack if I had to jump from a crashing airplane onto a snowy slope and ski down on one ski while shooting bad guys, like James Bond, or I would run into a tree and splat into a thousand pieces, and I'm okay with that!

Nina

• Eyebrow2
    Eyebrow2

OOOO I pretended to be "Jane" Bond too!!!!

Ever try to use an electrical cord to scale the side of a wall when you are only 9? NOT recommended

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

<gasping and wiping sweat from forehead> Geesh, I was wondering when he became Cruzan's Thunder LOL

• Shutterbug
    Shutterbug

Cruzanheart and Sheila,

You are both very nice ladies, so let's not get into a brawl over Thunder. I don't wish to be forced to choose sides. Bug

• SheilaM
  • cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Sheila and Thunder are a matched set, as are Cruzanheart and Big Tex. No switching here!

Nina

• SheilaM
    SheilaM
    Sheila and Thunder are a matched set, as are Cruzanheart and Big Tex. No switching here!

I agree wholeheartedly

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit