are you sitting down?........PRINCE is a JW!!!!!

by lisaBObeesa 48 Replies latest jw friends

• messenger
    messenger

let's see.....an undersized minority, with emotional problems, a repressed labido, with suppressed anger and grief, who is extremely wealthy.......he will make a fine JW, with credientials like that he may be the next addition to the GB. but i must digress, can anyone picture the look on his face when he starts to sing some of the more morose kingdom songs?? i would love to be a fly on the wall to see his rendition. i can just see him doing the three word parts of the song with a wild scream. as mentioned earlier maybe they will let prince compose a few. "party like it is 1914", "wt rain", raspberry brochure", etc...can you picture commenting in the wt? let's see brother prince or brother the artist formerly known as prince, or will he go back to his real name, something like rufus greenberg or the like. oh yes, how about service? can't you just see a little dude in a purple jumpsuit going from door to door. will he be forced to work door to door without makeup? i wonder if he will turn his head at the district convention if he hears a noise. so many puns so little time. yet the possibilties are endless.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Keep dreamin' Jim, lol. A high pitched voice does not a gay man make, you should know that. And while I'll grant you that the man does like to dress up, his complete lack of taste solidly affirms his affiliation with team hetero.

I guess I am a little surprised, if he has indeed taken the plunge, but it just goes to show that at the end of the day, JW-ism (as all religion is) is only logical as far as emotion can be logical. No matter how much we thought we were in the "reasonable" and "logical" religion, it all came down to how we felt about it. And that is so often ruled by the particulars of our life at the moment, and how much we admire the person(s) selling it to us.

• Thirdson
    Thirdson

Just another thought on Prince.

I understand he got married at a Minneapolis Church. My wife knows the pastors of that church through her work. I wonder if any of the pastors are friends of Prince. Maybe one of them would like to get in touch with him. I could always offer assistance in a free consultancy way.

Thirdson

'To avoid criticism, say nothing, do nothing, be nothing'

• SanFranciscoJim
    SanFranciscoJim

SixOfNine, I'm glad you caught the joke.
    Officially, the website http://www.prince.org/ has this to say about the artist's sexuality:

Whenever this question comes up, a common answer is "Who cares?" Most Prince fans are entranced by the music, not the sexual orientation.

If one gives the matter some serious thought, though, the vast majority of his work is unmistakably about heterosexual relationships (except where he plays with double meaning), and there have been no sightings of him with another man. His women, on the other hand, are known to be world-class beauties.

The man obviously doesn't mind if people think he's bisexual, and it's possible he is or was, but he's very much in the closet about it if so. Even if he's perfectly straight, his lyrics indicate that he would welcome any sexual orientation into the utopian "Uptown." Most fans tend to believe he's simply androgynous: displaying characteristics of both genders.

....and as regards your statement:

"his complete lack of taste solidly affirms his affiliation with team hetero."

Why do you think I suggested we at ACB come to his rescue? We ARE the J.W. Fashion Police!
  • Scorpion
    Scorpion

Prince was in concert at Sacramento California this last weekend. He needs a reprimand from the WT. His hair was to long to be considered proper for the door to door ministry. He does not have that theocratic hair cut all good male dubs have. I think the dude has a war going on inside himself.

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

I wonder if he'll wear a fatsuit and beard the way Michael Jackson did while in service!

• professor
    professor

I just saw TAFKAP (the artist formerly known as Prince and then a symbol for his name and then back to Prince again) on Jay Leno the other night. There is no way he is a Witness. All of this is B.S. I can see the Society sponsoring the 1999 song, but once that prophecy didn't pan out, Prince probably would have been disfellowshiped. If Prince is a JW, Michael Jackson is Michael the Archangel! Word 2 your mother.

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

Nice points, although messenger, if you describe Prince as having a 'repressed labido' (sic) I kinda wonder when you last heard any music by him, or anything about his lifestyle! Re-organise these words about Prince into a well know sentence; That. Anything. Moves. F*cks.

'Cream', 'Head', De Me Baby', 'Soft and Wet', 'Horny Toad', I Love U in Me', 'Irresistable Bitch', 'Scarlet Pussy' (a well known animal lover is Prince). What about 'Sexy MF'? That's just song titles. The lyrics! 'My tounge in the V of her love' ('When 2R in Love'), 'sixty-two positions in a one night stand' (Gett Off)- as you say, it's endless.

Is he going to have to withdraw previous music, such as he's able to contractually? Maybe put a little bit at the front of his videos like in 'Thriller'? Or stickers on his album 'Prince in no way condones pre-marital or extramarital sex but celebrates human sexuality much as the Song of Solomon does'. Ah, the Song of Soloman; best known lyric from; 'Your boobies are like pillars baby! Ouuuuah! Whoah! Spread your honey-like sweetness for your king-thing!!'.

I like the song ideas, although I think '1975' scans better than '1914'. There's SO MANY!! 'Little Red Booklet', 'The Soc' ('The Cross'), 'When Dubs Cry', 'Dub Life' ('Pop Life'), 'I Preach to You' ('I Feel For You'), 'Let's Go RV' ('Lets Go Crazy'), 'Sexy GB' ('Sexy MF'), 'Nothing Compares to the WBTS'. Of course, some don't need a new title; 'Sign of the Times', 'God', 'Power Fantastic', 'Another Lonely Christmas'.

The poor poor sad little muppet.

If only he had someone as a friend who would occasionally say 'Prince, you are full of shit, get a life', he probably wouldn't be embarking on a (hopefully) short entanglement with the Borg.

His real name is Prince Roger Nelson, but he'll probably be advised that 'Prince' is a little showy and have to be called 'Roger' or 'Brother Nelson'! Alternately I think 'The Jehovah's Witness Formerly known As Prince', or TJWFKAP (T'jwaf-cap) is nice.

What messenger says about conventions got me thinking; bowing by reflex during applause? Climbing to the top of a speaker stack and dancing during the songs? And public talks! Have you seen what Prince does to mike stands? Dry-humpadelic!!

Of course, we can look forward to the 'coming out album', after he's disfellowshipped for having sex with pioneers (all of the ones in the Minnesota).

He'd cover 'All Along The Watchtower (told a pack of lies)'.

Life IS fun...

• professor
    professor

You left out the track "Darling Nikki" which celebrates masturbation! A definate JW no-no. Prince would have to disown most of the work he has ever done. He loves $money too much to do that, as he proved in his recent Jay Leno interview in which he said that Mariah Carey got ripped off for signing an eight million dollar record contract.

• thinkers wife
    thinkers wife

First of all just let me say, when we heard about Michael Jackson, it should have given us a clue about the Borg. This is just the icing on the cake.
    Second. Love this thread. Abaddon, I thought I was going to die when I read your post. What a crack up. If nothing else it gets everyone's creative juices flowing. For stand up comedy, that is!!!
    TW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit