are you sitting down?........PRINCE is a JW!!!!!

by lisaBObeesa 48 Replies latest jw friends

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa

Hello all, registered just to post this and see what you all had to say about this. I, for one, am in shock. It was anounced today on "EXTRA" and they said we would soon see a change in his music because he was "marrying his music to his religion." They said he is now a very devout Jehovah's Witness.

Comments? Are ya shocked like me?

LisaBObeesa

• Moxy
    Moxy

he's been at that for a while, studying with none other larry graham (sly & the family stone) - i havent heard that hes actually getting baptized, or even publishing tho. did the article say?

mox

• expatbrit
    expatbrit

I just had an epiphany:

PRINCE MUST WRITE NEW KINGDOM SONGS!! AND SING THEM!! In his carrot-up-the-ass voice, too!

We thank you, Jehovah (for our little red corvette).

Oh hell, time for bed, I'm getting stupid......

Expatbrit

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa

Moxy,

The whole segment on "EXTRA" was to announce he has converted and is now a devout JW.

I take this to mean he has been baptised, otherwise I don't think he could call himself a Jehovah's Witness like that. Yeppers, I think hes had "The Big Dunk."

I'm going to search the web and see if I can find the story.
    ---lisaBObeesa

(meanwhile, everybody follow expatbrit's lead and see if we can't come up with some JW 'changes' to Prince's music..I mean what else have you got to do??)

• peaceloveharmony
    peaceloveharmony

well i have an interesting story to tell you all.

let's see, it was two or three years ago, my mom had told me the most interesting news (er, gossip?), she said that larry graham and prince had been at their hall. well, since i'm a minnesota girl, the idea that prince had actually been in the hall i had grown up in was pretty neat. and that larry graham was there too (i remember reading his story while not paying attention to wt study). so anyway, i leave, go about my life.....

some time passes (coulda been a week but not more than 6 months), my mom invites me to the memorial and i say i'll be there, just like every year. memorial night arrives, my boyfriend and i drive 30 minutes to my parents hall. i pull into the parking lot, notice a limo and think hmmmmmm. well we stroll into the kingdom hall (btw, this is my boyfriend's first and only visit to the hall), head up the stairs, looking for my family. the talk is just about to start so there is that mad rush (huh?) to the seats. finally i see my family, sitting in the back...but wait, they are not in the last row....it's, it's, ohmygod! it's prince! LOL so we sit down...sing a song, say a prayer, talk begins....blah blah blah you know the rest

after the meeting, i was able to get a good look at prince and his wife. he is shorter than me and his wife is absolutey gorgeous. there was a slight throng of people around him but everyone seemed to be able to control themselves, i mean, we wouldn't want any creature worshipping going on, especially on memorial night! lol

so anyway, there's my story

love
    harmony

ps. last i heard, prince was no longer attending my parents hall but had started going to one closer to his home/recording studio.

• Thirdson
    Thirdson

Harmony,

I'll ask my son what he knows. A JW kid in his grade at school goes to the local cong' I think you are referring too.

I'll let you know what he says.

Thirdson

'To avoid criticism, say nothing, do nothing, be nothing'

• jezebel influence
    jezebel influence

I think their child died a few years back maybe thats why hes searching for god..feel sorry for him.

Maybe I should turn up to king hall in a Limo one day!

• peaceloveharmony
    peaceloveharmony

jez,

yes, their child had died shortly before i heard mention of prince attending/studying with jws. i feel bad for him too.

thirdson,

thanks

h

• crossroads
    crossroads

Does this mean he's going to change his name again.
    I wonder if the society automatical sent him the
    Charitable planning brochure where all other
    members don't even know it exists.

• SanFranciscoJim
    SanFranciscoJim

So I suppose he's changed his name to:
    The Publisher formerly known as the artist formerly known as Prince?
    Ahhhh.....well....anyway, when he comes to his senses, A Common Bond will be here waiting to accept him into the ranks.
    * http://www.gayxjw.org/

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit