Final Observations

by Esmeralda 37 Replies latest jw friends

• waiting
    waiting
    Mildly reminiscing about how things were is not the same as wishing to go back to those times and be rid of new aquaintances. - expatbrit

Thank you for making that point. Thank you.

](((((((so-and-so)))))))!!!!! -JanH and another poster

There's only a couple of Jedi posters, and only one old emperor. And very rarely do any of us give this type of post - or even incorporate a cyber-hug in our posts. Just not our style. I gave one to Simon when he got da'd - but mispelled the damned thing, gave up the idea after that time.

I believe on H20, the (((....)))) was a quasi-trademark of Es.

to the H20, witnet, lurkers, trolls, etc.,

There's only a literal handful of us who've been here for one year now. Anybody else for less time than that. How long were/are some of you at H20? Witnet? I've read where some of you have been on these boards for 2,3,4 even 5 years. My god, we're just rookies here. What do you want from us? I think there are 3 Jedi's, and one emperor. And we had absolutely no say so in naming ourselves - and I've fought Simon on every name - but the damned Englishman doesn't listen!

If you don't like the counter, etc., - do like Simon told me to do - e-mail him. And I did - and I still got a man's title. To be quite honest, we joke about the names he gives us because there's usually some twerp who will interpret the amount of posts we log in as significant that we "have no life." And is stupid enough to tell us this.

As for all these "feelings" of unwantedness, unlovedness, - a post to prove them from "the old posters?"

As for all this supposed closeness, privacy, yearning that the "old posters" wish to keep for themselves, - a post to prove we're reclusive in nature?

I think I'm probably one of the most outspoken ones here, no, really I am. The only thing I continue to ask about is being civil - Simon's words and request. I've failed miserably at this several times, but not with any H20 people.

As for the Krispy Kremes - don't knock 'em till you've tried 'em. Since this is not a *real* place, us old ones tried to come up with a way of identifying it as a *real* place long time ago. No one seemed to be offended until a couple of days ago.

Simon once said that H20 was where he went to wage war - and came here to chat. Thus, the coffee shop mentality. But both places were/are valuable in their own ways - just different.

H20 people are supposed to be the hardened Web Warriors - why the arousal of discontent and disgruntledness at this little place? When you came - we said Welcome. It takes time to be at ease.

If you wish to stick around and find the ease that can be here - Welcome Once Again.

waiting

• thinkers wife
    thinkers wife

Waiting you are a gem!! I like your style!
    TW

• emyrose
    emyrose

Hello Esmeralda,

Looks like you have outgrown this exp. and want
    to move on w/ your life. I commend you for fighting
    for the all the non-troll newbies. This quality of a
    blend of sympathy and courage is something that you
    need to focus on and fiercely grab hold of and then
    let it keep defining who you are. Don't let go of it, ever.
    I sincerely hope that your health improves and that you find happiness. It goes without saying that your talent for writing
    will bring you much success and love in life. But, please don't ever
    forget those who have opened their hearts and souls to you.
    These people don't merit this. Maybe the ones that offended
    you don't deserve your friendship, but the ones that loved
    you do.

Wishing you a great and joyful life,
    Emyrose

• Mommie Dark
    Mommie Dark

Waiting said, "There's only a literal handful of us who've been here for one year now. Anybody else for less time than that. How long were/are some of you at H20? Witnet? I've read where some of you have been on these boards for 2,3,4 even 5 years. "

When I first went online back in '94 on AOHell, I found the religion message boards right off. Once we got off the censored AOL version of Internet/Lite, I found the newsgroups and the Philia mail list. There have been a diverse bunch of message boards in that time; some are now defunct, some have evolved and changed and grown (or dried up and shrivelled), but all serve a necessary function: to provide a forum where people in various stages of doubt or confusion can share their concerns, ask their questions, and get mad as hell safely as the enormity of the fraud foisted on them becomes real to them.

Learning balance is part of coming out of JWdom. Unfortunately, Internet communication does not lend itself readily to balanced thinking. If you haven't already learned critical thinking and logic skills, you may get a derisive and sometimes vicious crash course. The lack of face reaction and the anonymity of the keyboard can lead to further depression and insecurity in unsuspecting and unprepared participants.

Mommie's caveat, ad nauseum: this is NOT the 'real' world. You can learn here, but you can't live here full-time. This is a bell jar that magnifies and distorts subtly. The air is hot and thick with ideas and emotion. You can't take others' responses to heart. (Trust me, I learned this the hard way.)Use the info you glean here but don't make this your new KH.

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

Once again, Waiting, you have expressed what I wanted to say...and probably in a much better fashion than I could have. I guess I have too much of a "life" lately, and just haven't been able to spend as much time here as I'd like. You always beat me to it. LOL

• waiting
    waiting

hey red,

I'd give you a ((..)), but don't dare now! I figured you'd be busy up there in yankeeland with spring time & horses.

I hope this all settles down, and it will, and things go on, and they will. Good to hear from you.

hey md,

Good points you made. My stop here was the first on the web, just never left - obviously. Red, Simon, Frenchy, Seven, and a couple of others greeted me, (that was about all there was) and didn't seem to mind that I wasn't ready to leave the WTBTS yet. My point was that we were at a new forum, didn't know each other, and the place just - very slowly - grew.

And we enjoy the company, always have. We use to kinda scare new people because we'd chat them to death. Now it's still our board - but the "our" encompasses over a thousand posters, who all have the right to "our".

Somebody (not somebody the poster) posted a true statement - this is not a *real* place and except for our words, it's quite imaginary. We have the ability, albeit limited, to make it what we want. Civil, learning, discussion, friendship - all things worth holding out for, even if found in a limited fashion.

waiting

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman
    I'd give you a ((..)), but don't dare now! I figured you'd be busy up there in yankeeland with spring time &
    horses.

I hope this all settles down, and it will, and things go on, and they will. Good to hear from you.

Yep, busy time of year, trying to get all the gardens in shape after the winter. Of course, just as everything started blooming, we had frost one night. Now they have to start all over. (sigh)

Work has really picked up, too, and I just haven't had the time to keep up with everything. Glad to see you're still stirring up trouble. Dare I? Aw, heck *****HUGS*****

• SatanSpawn
    SatanSpawn

Ah feels welcome. Yesha.

Settlin' in ta dis place like settlin' in ta big bowl o' red beans 'n' rice on toppa cawmbread.

Mm-hmm. Sho is.

SS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit