Final Observations

by Esmeralda 37 Replies latest jw friends

• TR
    TR

Damn,

Women analyze wayyy too much. When women ask men, "what are you thinking?" and the man says, "Nothing" BELIEVE HIM!(a black woman comedian said that and I can't remember her name) Maybe I'm just a thick-headed male, because I get none of those impressions: the counter, the number of posts, classes, etc. I started back in June of 2000, had a name change in Sept., so I've been around a while and I like the place better now than I did then.

Personally, If I felt that I wasn't welcome, I'd just move on. Or I'd stay to bug the hell outta people!

TR

"cults suck"

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

Warning: Contents under pressure. Do not expose to heat, sparks or open flames.

ROTFLMExaustFumesOff! That sentence says it all for me Essie (the locked booth monster)

cheers and best wishes, hug me if you must, unclebruce

PS: I've never quite got the hang of quietly observing .. everytime I enter a room people look at me and stuff ... anyway .. gotta go - Mr. SlayerLayer wants to say something ...

• SlayerLayer
    SlayerLayer

As the newest member on this tread, I have to say that since I joined the live chat and met some of you the other day, I have felt a sense of kinship that I have missed since my disfellowshipping 7 years ago.
    Everyone seemed genuinely interested in me and my story.

I'm reminded of a time when new people would come into the cong. and think that we were anti-social because of our cliques. What people have to understand is that it takes time to develop friendships. And even then, sometimes you just don't like someone. Nothing annoys me worse than someone whining about feeling unwelcome.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that most of us have already been shunned in some way or another from the people we love. Personally, I'm just glad to have intelligent conversations with people who have been through the same ordeal as me. Anyway, thanks for making me feel welcome on my first day here (gopher and VeniceIT) :)

Chris

• VeniceIT
    VeniceIT

Your quite welcome Slayer!!! We usually do have a great time in chat and I'm sorry some don't feel as welcomed, but maybe they need to put a little more into it and lighten up some! most of ht eones who seem to not be worried by this are the ones who spend most of their time joking around!!

Ven

• wasasister
    wasasister

Essie:

You know I have always been honest with you and I cannot be anything less now.

Reading your original thread, I was impressed at the overwhelming support offered to you. You were lavished with praise regarding your writing abilities, your contributions, your ability to touch others in positive ways. Yes, the thread went awry, but these things happen, don't they? In all, I would say the majority gave you an outpouring of approval.

I came here about the same time you did. Finding the "new" H2O a cumbersome disappointment, I followed a link to this site and stayed. I enjoyed the tone of the place, and other than a few insults, hurled by those whose opinions do not matter to me, I have been made to feel more than welcome here. I honestly do not understand why you feel less so.

I know you are battling a number of debilitating health problems. Is it possible these circumstances are affecting your judgement in this particular matter? I hope you will give it a few days and reconsider. You and I do not always agree on details, but I do know many individuals have received solace from your point of view.

I always enjoyed your signature about essential "rules", one of which was, "Don't take anything personally." May I be so bold as to suggest you focus on that one a bit.

Sending good thoughts your way,

Wasasister

• Sassenach
    Sassenach

Ianao,

I don't agree. A lot of people came in from h2o, but the trouble I've witnessed here
    wasn't even from the h2o people! For a while it was a couple of the old timers
    that were squabbling, logical was spamming the chat, then some we had some "troll(s)" I don't know
    if they were even from h2o.

Most of the ones from h2o that I have had the opportunity to chat with have been fun and
    interesting. Sure, there are the odd ones, but you already had some oddities here too!

If Simon wanted a private forum, he could've created one. This is what he chose.

It's too bad you don't feel welcome Esmerelda. You were warmly welcomed and your posts
    get terrific responses. I think you're really being unfair. Did you really think you could write
    a post accusing people of being unwelcoming and not get a response? I don't believe so.

If someone is insulting and rude (eg. fred hall) and another person tells him so, does that involve you?
    It's just bizarre that you've made this about you.

I'm really sorry because I have enjoyed reading your posts. I'm observant too. I've seen people welcome
    you enthusiastically and respond kindly to you. They have been receptive and in that last thread you made,
    they tried in vain to welcome you (again).

Best wishes,
    Take care of yourself.
    Sass

• TMS
    TMS

The discussion board concept invokes a unique psychological dependency/ interaction.

Being involved in several "boards" of totally diverse interests, my contention is that the "good-bye" post could almost be a "fill in the blanks" document.

Cases in point:

On a HVAC(heating, venting and air conditioning) board a long-time serious poster composed a wordy "good-bye". He eschewed the deterioration of quality posts, the spamming, the Carrier vs. Lennox threads. etc. His words were carefully chosen and not a few arrows were aimed at his former colleagues.

On a Dallas Mavericks basketball fan board, a long-time dominant poster threw in the towel over the Maverick's decision to sign, as a player, an aging veteran with a checkered personal life history (Vernon Maxwell) He wrote a long-winded, desparaging post to announce his dissatisfaction with the entire Dallas Mavericks organization and their fandom.

Over at the recently deceased Witnet, a pompous frequent poster from the Phillipines, who labeled himself as "Man of the True God", didn't simply stop participating but detailed his reasons for severing his connections with said discussion board in a long-winded, condescending post.

What is it about discussion boards that impels one to not simply cease and desist, but file a formal divorce action?

TMS

• crossroads
    crossroads

Esmeralda-I was one of the few who did not respond to
    your first post, why? Well personally I might have not played
    with you often enough but I did like your slant on things. I just
    do not like final good bye post they are very self serving.

I haven't been on the main board much myself of late
    been hanging out at the cafe with Seven-Stephen-Goo
    and others.I may post a final song over there but I won't
    say it is.

People fade into this and other boards why can they not
    fade away without any hoop la.
    Oh Simon do this oh Simon do that give it a rest. The
    Isrealities wanted a King-Yahweh told them it was a bad
    idea but thats what they wanted there choice. If you need
    to go find a better place in the world then go. It has
    nothing to do with the people it has to do with where
    you are in your life it's time to move on.
    I wish you well beware the paradise you settle in next.

"Because other traveilers will come riding down the track
    And they will never go further and they will never go back
    Then come the churches then come the schools
    Then come the lawyers then come the rules"

If you should find that peacful place others will too
    please embrace them like you where first embraced
    Peace and Love
    Mark

• Thirdson
    Thirdson

Nothing stays the same and this is a public forum that thrives on having new blood. As the board has matured it has gathered a mix of regulars, some from the very beginning and a whole range of new people. People join this board every day. If we didn't have a constant influx of new people the board would die and none of us wants that to happen.

I was actually one the first people to post on this board (EyesonthePies -- a play on the name of the dorky teenage moderator of Witnet.com and now JayDubsonline) . But I thought at the beginning that this board was designed to appeal to JW's on the inside who wanted a place to freely express their views. Since I was not an active JW I didn't want to pretend to be a person I was not. So I became a semi-regular lurker here. When the first rumors of the demise of H2O came about I registered "Thirdson" at several sites including "Coolboards" which eventually hosted the new H2O as well as here. I then switched from "Eyes" to my regular name on this board.

No one complained to me for being here. Maybe I am not that observant or just too thick skinned (or even dumb). If I get the message from the owner that I am not welcome I'll leave but as it is I like this place, think I can contribute a little and be part of the group that provides some help to those wanting out or who are hesitant to join.

Regards to all the friends here,

Thirdson

'To avoid criticism, say nothing, do nothing, be nothing'

• EyesonthePies
    EyesonthePies

This profile still works!

Thirdson

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit