The Demons were messing with me last night!

by olongapo joe 31 Replies latest jw friends

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

smiddy- "I have heard a number of stories of lone sisters being molested in their beds by demons..."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep_paralysis :confused:

...or...

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/71PH05Q5Y9L._SY355_.jpg :smirk:

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

wallsofjericho - "At the end of the day, every person I've ever known that has shared a demon story with me had been a heavy drug user (legal and illegal) or alcoholic..."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tjKe3nPpL4

• smiddy
    smiddy

Sleep paralysis , seems to be an evident explanation for me , I had these experiences , pre -teen and into my early teen years , and nothing after that .

Pre-teen was the most frightening , but why did I not say anything to my parents ? about these episodes ?

Was I afraid of being labelled a nut case ? Insane ? maybe both,

Funny I have never told anybody about these experiences before

How common is this ?

smiddy

• rebelfighter
    rebelfighter
    When we were young we purchased a very large 4 story colonial. Our only child was 9 months old. Every night at bedtime we would go through and turn off everything. Get in bed and once everything was quiet we could hear a very low radio playing. Get up search the entire house to find nothing. This went on for weeks. It turned out to be the a combination of 2 things. First the phone in our bedroom had a speaker phone. Second the previous owner of the home was into ham radios and had an elaborate antenna system in the crawl space of the fourth floor. So what we were getting was a local radio station on the speaker phone. Swapped phones problem solved. No demons.
  • wallsofjericho
    wallsofjericho

Lol rebel fighter

That is EXACTLY what happens! !

• James Mixon
    James Mixon
    That's one of the perks of leavening the borg, no more demons.
  • Introvert 2
    Introvert 2

In 2008 at the heights of my depression before the stock market crash I had a self centered useless investment advisor that had coaxed me into shale natural gas exploration for a huge bank sponsored commission. My brother and I got close to a 10 bagger with another related one initially it but I was then a heavily indoctrinated JW when all this happened. I somehow thought that the gain was worldly and greedy ( I know, yes stupid is an understatement ) and didn't know what to do. I asked her to come explain the play to us buy she never did have time to come around as things happened real fast in summer early fall and my brother was blinded by the gain, thought it was blue sky going forward.

Well what happened one night is I woke up with a jolt around 1 or 2 in the morning and had just realized that I had to cash out of everything and get to the side lines fast, was just a huge gut feeling as I'm sort of an HSP ( highly sensitive person ) As I tried to get up to think things through and pull my statement and write down some notes to face my manipulative arrogant " investment counselor" I was pinned to my bed, all limbs and body paralyzed. I could barely move my head and felt so exhausted ( as I was suffering for overwork burnout trying to rune my own business and toe the JW line making everyone happy trying to be good at everything ) that I passed out back to sleep. The next morning I hardly remembered any of it and thought I must be overreacting. Took a few weeks until I realized what happened and I though it must have been a supernatural cause, not. By them my portfolio had tanked another 10% and would eventually loose all and even more of any previous gains. Can you say greenhorn ?

• Carol1111
    Carol1111

What is the thinking behind demons?

Never having been a JW I have never had problems with this way of thinking.

If there was a noise in the house my first thought would be to find out what was doing it, not blaming it on demons.

What are they supposed to get out of hiding, making noises and changing the tv channel?

Haven't they got anything more interesting to do?

Where do they get their living from? ie what do they eat?

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

Carol111

I found it was more to do with apparitions

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

I thought I was having issues with demons in my late teens. I spent many nights afraid to go to sleep But,then,I read up on sleep paralysis,and realized that is what it was all along.

It didn't help growing up in the 80's, with all the adults, telling their favorite demon stories.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit