2020-10-01--Care For Your Personal Needs Yourself----Full Time Servants! (as of 2020-10-06)

by Atlantis 31 Replies latest jw friends

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

truthlover123:

You are very welcome and thank you!

Petra!

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

TRUTHLOVER123:

I came in after 1975 and there was really no talk about it except a brief remark about people who were stumbled because ‘they were serving for a date’.

I’m glad that you saved for your retirement and I assume you didn’t advertise it. It’s good that you did not succumb to the ‘Ye of little faith’ thing. Me neither. When I saw the older people in the halls collecting THEIR pensions, I knew.

Everybody is strangely silent about this: that older generation of JWs (who would be late 80s-early 90s) worked and saved for Retirement. But, yet poverty was preached to Baby Boomers like myself who were young in the 1970s. I’m just glad I never fell for this stupidity.

• Funky
    Funky

"Wound care" ?!?!?!?!

Ring-a-ding-ding....ring-a-ding-ding....

"Say Brother Pompous, I know you're busy and all, but I seem to have my broken shinbone protruding from the skin just below my knee, and I was wondering if you or Sister Pompous would mind dropping by to care for my wound?"

"Well, Brother Poverty-Stricken-Special-Pioneer, I'd love to help, but I'm leading our virtual Zoom field service meeting now, and later I'll be driving our virtual Zoom field service car group. I'll call Brother Put-Upon to see if he's available, after he's finished delivering the boxed fruit to all our other poverty-stricken publishers. Shouldn't be more than 2 or 3 hours from now."

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

FUNKY:

Your humor just about nailed it and I could almost see this as a literal scenario happening somewhere - sad to say.. I thought the exact same thing when I saw the words “wound care”.

This is, unfortunately, what it has come to in the JW religion with these people who preferred to be in the full time ministry No Matter What - and wouldn’t be caught dead having a secular job with benefits.

• Marcial
    Marcial

Thank you

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

Marcial:

Your welcome!

Petra!

• intropist
    intropist

Did the Borg reduce the monthly payment to special pioneers in the US?

I'm curious because I wanna know If the above is related with just quarantine policy or the Borg's stinginess.

Thanks in advance!

• Peter000
    Peter000

Please send me the link.

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

intropist:

Delivered the link to you so that you can determine for yourself. We have not heard of any reduced monthly payments to special pioneers. If we get any information along those lines we will send you another pm.

---------------------------

Petra!

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

Peter000:

Delivered! Have a wonderful weekend!

---------------------------

Petra!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit