2020-10-01--Care For Your Personal Needs Yourself----Full Time Servants! (as of 2020-10-06)

by Atlantis 31 Replies latest jw friends

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

baldeagle:

Delivered! There you go!

---------------------------

Petra!

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina
    Hi Petra - would like to flag my personal need for a PM and a frothy coffee :)
  • LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Hi OVERRATED:

Thanks...I wasn’t interested in opinions of seniors with a cushy life collecting a pension because THEY already worked.

I came into the religion at a bad time - late ‘70s. The ‘Stepford Wives’ type women there looked at me strangely because I worked.

I had to support myself plain and simple. There were also no desirable marriage prospects!..I was raised Catholic - and one thing so-called ‘worldly’ people know is that everybody gets old and you need to think about retirement. As time went on I think some younger JWs realized they needed to do something.

I’m glad I looked out for my own interest because people who DIDN’T are up that famous creek without a paddle.

• Overrated
    Overrated

Longhairgal- like my JW brother. I told him what is he doing for retirement? He is in his 40's . I don't think he has a plan and more and like gives his money to watchtower. What for? Watchtower loves to take but does not give anything of real value in return. Not a good investment.

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

Anna Marina:

Delivered! Frothy coffee! Now you are talking my language. You are all set.

--------------------------

Petra!

• IWant2Leave
    IWant2Leave

I would like the link please. Thanks much.

IWant2Leave

• Poztate
    Poztate

A link to me please and thanks

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

IWant2Leave:

Delivered! There you are! Thank you! Your welcome!

---------------------------

Poztate:

Delivered! Your all set! Have a wonderful day!

--------------------------

Petra!

• truthlover123
    truthlover123

When 75 came and went that was the straw that broke the camels back - we were both working and as the companies were offering pensions, started to save then.... plus bonds, giving more to the pension plans than required.... was still pimi but that changed over the years but the pension plan kept building... going in our pockets rather than the society's

TODAY I feel justified in what we did, although , seeing back then what others were not doing, gave us pause as to wondering if we were "ye of little faith" - today the chickens have come home to roost as the New York lawyers are working overtime with abuse cases against the churches, WT is next and our funds will not be there and have not been for years.

• truthlover123
    truthlover123

Atlantis-

thanks for all info very much appreciated

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit