2020-10-01--Care For Your Personal Needs Yourself----Full Time Servants! (as of 2020-10-06)

by Atlantis 31 Replies latest jw friends

• Atlantis
    Atlantis
    I guess the Full Time Servants will have to fend for themselves or rely on publishers to care for them.
    ------------------------------------
    FOR SPECIAL FULL-TIME SERVANTS IN THE FIELD IN THE UNITED STATES BRANCH TERRITORY
    1. Necessary Personal Needs: It is preferred that you and your mate (if married) continue to care for your personal needs yourself. To assist you with haircare, a series of instructional videos are available on jw.org. If you are unable to care for your personal needs yourself, you may arrange for a publisher to come to your home in order to cut or style your hair, provide chiropractic, pediatric, or wound care, etc. For your safety, please follow the attached guidelines for you and for care providers.

https://www.reddit.com/r/exjw/comments/j6a6so/full_time_servants_fend_for_yourselves_or_rely_on/

When you scroll down on that thread look for the underlined words: (Here it is) and that is the download link for the letter. If you can't find it, send me a pm and I'll send you a link.

Petra!

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

That is half of what should be done. The other half is that the washtowel should take care of its own needs. Let them take care of their own finances through legitimate work, not through scamming and blackmailing people into giving them their hard earned money. Let them take care of their own preaching needs themselves, and not through slave labor.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

PETRA:

I also saw this on Reddit and couldn’t believe it. This isn’t talking about somebody just giving haircuts to presumably needy ‘Friends’ in full time ministry.

It also gives a sense that they really DO expect people in congregations to actually support these people in every way you can imagine!..Again, I’m so glad I got out of the religion years ago because I couldn’t stand being around this!

• Overrated
    Overrated

When I was in, serving, I had to fend for myself. But don't get and education or a good job. So I was told.

• fulano
    fulano

Petra, would you mind sending me the link please?

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

LongHairGal:

Me too! I was 12 years old when dad took me out of the Kingdom Hall never to return. I look up to you and the other women on the board, because you suffered more than I did. You sacrificed more than I did. You endured more than I did. And you survived!

And the men on this board. Look at all the pain and suffering they went through all those years. No one could ever replace what all of you lost. At 12 I didn't lose all that much. And dad was not about to let them take anything away from me, so he and I left.

Now if Atlantis were sitting in this chair it would be a completely different story. He and grandma were in the organization for over 50 years. They suffered most of their life. And some of the stuff grandpa has told me that went on in the congregations, is enough to make you want to go outside and throw up.

So glad I am free!

Petra!

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

fulano:

Delivered! You are all set! Don't forget to get a lid for your cappuccino cup! You want to keep that coffee good and hot.

---------------------------

Petra!

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

HI PETRA,

Thanks. You don’t know how lucky you are that you got out as a kid. You have fewer bad memories than others.

I know a lot of older people in the religion suffered back then and sadly are suffering now because they were talked into not preparing for Retirement... I ‘suffered’ back then in the sense that I was not ‘approved’ because I wouldn’t quit my full time job to do the full time ministry and I wasn’t invited much.

No regrets. I had to look out for myself. But, I also got grief every now and then over my figure and was expected to ‘try harder’ and dress dowdier, etc. SO, I was THAT single working woman who had a nice figure and that bothered some people. Because of the spiteful attitude towards me over my job and my appearance, I made sure I was Not available to do favors for the Users. This was No ‘brotherhood’ as far as I was concerned and I wouldn’t give these people the time of day.

Now, they have the audacity to imagine that people still there are going to give $$ and support people who never wanted to work and had the balls to criticize people such as myself who DID work.

Glad I’m not there because I’d never tolerate these pathetic people who never learned to live in REALITY coming near me looking for anything!

• Overrated
    Overrated

Longhairgal- Thank You for having the courage to stand up against the watchtower crap. Hopefully lurkers will read your story( ours too) and the flags will come up and they will stop and think abou their lives and what watchtower does ( not) do for them.

• baldeagle
    baldeagle
    • Please PM me.

Thank you as always.

Cheers,

baldeagle

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit