how do most of you now feel about the military?

by sowhatnow 70 Replies latest social family

• FindTheLost
    FindTheLost

I would like to express my utmost thanks to the soldiers and their families. Just because a soldier leaves for war doesn't mean that his/her family are not affected too. That family is serving as well as their loved ones.

Bless you for protecting our freedoms and my son who served and did his tour of duty.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    Tying in with what Blondie posted...is anyone familiar with the great war poets/ writers? Siegfried Sassoon " memoirs of a fox hunting man" is a favourite of mine..and Robert Graves, Edmund B!under, Wilfred Owen , of course and Rupert Brooke's. Soldiers all..Sassoon won the Victoria cross, but was nutted off as he, as did they all, became a pacifist and they didn't want a war hero court marshalled ..as a conscientious objector. Seems to me the closer a generation is to war....the more they are against fighting as a solution to anything. The French were called appeasers and collaborators in WW2 - but because of the horrors they saw in Verdun etc in ww1 they were wiling to do anything to prevent their kids from fighting the Nazis - they where wrong, sometimes peace is not an option.
  • new boy
    new boy

"Every vet I have met that served in Nam, even though many of those suffer from PTSD, problems

from the Agent Orange not one regret their service."

Interesting.

Question?

They had no regrets and were proud for being over there, why?

What are they so proud about?

The people they killed or their friends that got killed or the people that came back and killed themselves?

For what? Why?

Ever think that the North Viet Nam people are just as proud about how they killed for their country too.

Everyone is "proud" to serve "proud" to kill "proud" die for their countries.

So is god only loves the usa and proud of their solders?

The two biggest things that are destroying this planet is religion and governments.

You guys got free of one, time to get rid of the other.

• cofty
    cofty
    New Boy perhaps you need to get rid of your simplistic view of good v evil.
  • DJS
    DJS

Apparently New Boy is capable of only making sense when he is talking about his favorite subject and the only thing he seems to know anything about.

Himself.

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

new boy: what would have happen if we (USA) and other countries didn't get involved in ww1 and ww2?

If we had stood on the side line. We got involved in Viet Nam and the Korea conflict, maybe

it was a mistake but at the time we thought we were in the right.

And who in the hell is proud to kill, please..

What do you do with tyrants today, wait on God? I would have been very proud to kill Hitler and

his clan.

What's your option, we have Religion and governments what do you suggest for your world????

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Everyone is "proud" to serve "proud" to kill "proud" die for their countries - correct, even Nazis and now ISIS soldiers.

Ever think that the North Viet Nam people are just as proud about how they killed for their country too - why is Vietnam being brought up? Are you suggesting the Vietnam or Iraq wars are reason to disband the military?

You guys got free of one, time to get rid of the other - get rid of governments?! You're joking, right?

god only loves the usa and proud of their solders? - hysterical nonsense ...

• DJS
    DJS

New Boy's rant is so lacking in maturity and rational thought that it makes it difficult to believe he is even serious. "We" got free of religion? The world is becoming less religious by the minute, and the world in the future will likely be largely free of religion and/or existing religions will have evolved to be what they should be - support structures for people. We have presented multitudes of data suggesting this.

The world is in a major paradigm shift already in that regard, and the less religious an individual, state, nation or region are, the more likely they are to be functional. There is nothing religion provides that this planet requires that can't be provided by a government, a group or the individual.

The absence of government, OTOH, suggests either Anarchy or Self Rule. I'm assuming that New Boy isn't considering anarchy, and we have some very good data as to how "self rule', which existed for about 85,000 of our 100,000 years, would work out. Evolutionary biologists suggest that period was much more violent than now when we have nation/states ruled by governments. Your chances of dying a violent death were many times more likely when we had self rule.

So unless New Boy can present something rational supported by something close to evidence as to how this brave new world free of government would work, he has reached the point where he should be ignored.

• James Mixon
    James Mixon
    DJS: "he should be ignored". Agree.....
  • Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas
    Diogenesister, said, "Ha ha!! Can't believe I'm copy and pasting ol' Nathan..."
    You're NOT quoting me; you are quoting Lisa Rose, who on page one posted two posts before me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit