We Pass the Bread and the Wine Just like in the Bible! But, why is forbidden to eat?

by lusitano o tuga 63 Replies latest social humour

• waton
    waton
    restricted in the West to the celebrating priest, while others received communion in the form of bread only. TWoY

This of course made the celebrants ineligible for salvation, because it contravened Jesus' stipulation in John chapter 6: "--Unless you eat my flesh and drink my blood you have no everlasting life--"

rendering of course the wt celebration a total redemption failure, proscribing both the bread and the wine.

• myelaine
    myelaine

What I find most hypocritical of the WTBTS is their insistence that the apostasy began shortly after the death of the last apostle and yet they cling to some apostate teachings.

There is evidence in the bible that the 1st century christians kept the torah just as Jesus and the apostles did including the 7th day sabbath. (If that had changed at all then there would have been some mention of it at the Jerusalem council but, there wasn't. There is biblical evidence that the Saturday Sabbath was kept.) In fact it was after the death of the apostles that the proto-Catholic Church decreed that the Sabbath instituted and sanctified by God would be, by their authority, changed to Sunday. Christians maintained the Saturday Sabbath until it became "uncomfortable" to be seen as showing any kind of Jewishness because of the persecution of the Jews by Rome. "At that time, Sunday was the rest day of the Roman Empire, whose religion was Mithraism, a form of sun worship. Since Sabbath observance is visible to others, some christians in the early second century sought to distance themselves from Judaism by observing a different day, thus 'blending in' to the society around them."

Constantine, who was a sun worshipper, legalized christianity and made the first Sunday-keeping law in AD 313. He enforced this law in the now "christian" empire in AD 321. "On the venerable Day of the Sun let the magistrates and people residing in the cities rest, and let all workshops be closed." (Codex Justinianus 3.12.3, trans. Philip Schaff, History of the Christian Church, 5th ed. (New York 1905), 3:380, note 1.) the Sunday law was confirmed at the Council of Laodicea in AD 364.

In their OWN Passover dogma as well as their continued adherence to apostate Sunday worship they certainly DO make the word of God void by their traditions of men. Boo...

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Christ's commands are forbidden by apostates only.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4CapSBM8UA

• waton
    waton
    There is evidence in the bible that the 1st century christians kept the torah just as Jesus and the apostles did . my-e:

There is an account of Peter being freed by an angel from prison on the Passover in Jerusalem, but when he met the brothers later that night, no mention of a memorial in progress then, just a year or two after the death of the messiah.

• hybridous
    hybridous

I always thought that the intent was to underline the notion that the rank-and-file witnesses were NOT in the New Covenant; merely hoping to benefit by proxy.

• waton
    waton
    I always thought that the intent was to underline the notion that the rank-and-file witnesses were NOT in the New Covenant; merely hoping to benefit by proxy h:

Wt hides the difference between the Kingdom and New Covenant. The new covenant is for forgetting/ forgiveness of sins, and it was even symbolised by the drinking of wine before there ever was a validation for the heavenly kingdom covenant at the anointing of the 120.

You are absolutely right "underline the notion". There is always a big chasm in the talks with the unexplained jump from the anointed kingdom heir partakers to the fact that the New covenant is with all, not just the kingly/priestly*** class.

A class act of wt obfuscation.

*** In the model, the not so "new" Mosaic Covenant, the law covenant was with all, but there were separate covenants with the Judaic kings, and the Levitic priests. there was different covenants in the " type" too, the Old/New covenants were with all. drink, all of you.

• Irishdub
    Irishdub

Waton says At the last supper, the Anointed abstained, the Earthly Class partook. my, how times have changed.

Another group with class discrimination... ? lol

Genesis does not show God's eternal plan for man and creation. God's eternal plan (before creation) for man's potential is seen in Ephesians 1. psalm 8:5, Hebrews 2:5-18

Man was made to rule His OWN NATURE and his environment, (as a image of God) NOT other people ! romans 8:20-21

the devil is in the details

cheers :0

• waton
    waton
    Another group with class discrimination. Id:

I am not endorsing the wt teachings, merely pointing out the inconsistencies. the ramifications of their flawed bible readings.

For your deeper, perhaps off-topic contributions, could you type out the texts? many here are sick and tired of having to work to dig them up. it is ideas that count. thanks.

• Irishdub
    Irishdub
    WATON : perhaps off-topic contributions

au contraire my friend....the bread and wine symbolize the *substance* of that envisaged (motivational/empowering) LIFE

cheers ;)

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

Wasn't there a scripture that showed that Jesus only wanted his followers to continue with the memorial until he entered into his kingdom? (Which of course was back in 1914 according to JW's.)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit