At 1.4% growth the last 2 years, it's safe to say, jw.org and cart witnessing is an abject failure!

by nowwhat? 29 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

newdawnfades , so in other words the numbers are fudged !

They may travel a long distance to do this. They get to count their travelling time and get a break which they can count too.

Without actually witnessing to anyone .

How can anyone believe anything this religion says is true.?

• steve2
    steve2

Hi newdawnfades, I heard from a local JW that anyone in the congregation who wants to do cart work has to apply via a form that, among other questions, asks about "good standing" - so I'm a bit confused by your saying that the application process applies only in metropolitan areas. BTW, I'm from New Zealand, and the application for cart work was in a small congregation - definitely not a metropolitan area.

• NotBlind
    NotBlind

Sorry, newdawnfades, but you’re the one who’s confused. WTS clearly states that the Cong Service Committee gets to decide who is allowed to participate in local cart witnessing, not just Metropolitan. Not just anyone gets to man a cultcart.

Their 2/1/18 letter to elders says:

8. Determining Who May Participate: The Congregation Service Committee will select qualified baptized publishers to participate in this feature of the ministry. Those selected should be known to present themselves in a dignified way. Their appearance and dress should be profes- sional, well-arranged, and modest. Those selected should demonstrate discernment and a will- ingness to witness in different public settings, should enjoy and promote good relations with oth- ers, should be committed to taking the assignment seriously, and should be willing to cooperate with the body of elders. If a parent is approved to participate in public witnessing, his well- behaved child may accompany him. The service committee should use good judgment in decid- ing whether a mature baptized minor may be approved to participate in public witnessing.

And from what I can tell, the ones selected are usually pioneers or pioneer wannabes. They consider it a privilege to sit around and chitchat while dozens of passers by ignore their cultcart.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad
    nowwhat?: it's safe to say, jw.org and cart witnessing is an abject failure!

A local example of just how much of a failure the jw.org website, the JW cart witnessing and the door to door witnessing are in making new disciples was demonstrated at a 1 day circuit assembly a couple of Sundays ago. This particular assembly had an attendance of 1,450. The Circuit Overseer boasted that in just our side of the circuit (a total of 13 congregations) there are nearly 200 regular pioneers with another nearly 200 auxiliary pioneers. The sad reality of just how unproductive JWs are in this side of the circuit was seen when 4 preteen children of JW families stood up to answer the 2 baptismal questions...with zero (0) adult baptismal candidates!

This was no exception...this has been the local JW growth trend for the past 5 years!

• asp59
    asp59

They seem to have higher requirements for cart wittnesing then they have for reaching out to become an elder this days😁😂. They wrote in WT that you can feel you are going crazy tryng to live by bible standards or that there are more in memorial taking part cause of mental issues. They are right every year that go by they becoming more and more bat crazy in this organisation and the decisions they take.

• Listener
    Listener

It also means that JW dot org, JW broadcasting and all their recent changes are a failure. Their whole business is supposed to be about recruiting people and they are failing.

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

Darth FayDehr said

The figures are doctored. I need to do more research, but it's a fact that WT report UK (Britain) population DROPPED! Yet the UN figures, and the UK government official figures show that the UK population has need INCREASING for decades. The WT 2018 report UK population 2 million LESS than reality. This skews the "publisher ratio" in favour of WT. I am doing more research going back 20 years using the UN figures, and the UK government figures. I will then compare other countries. Smells like someone is cooking the books!

Well, that is one great conspiracy theory. But no need to research 20 years of population statistics. Reality knocks at your door and makes your house of cards come tumbling down. Take a look at Ireland, my friend. Notice something? Population 2 million MORE than "reality" ...... You see, my friend, Northern Ireland is administered from the Irish branch and not from the UK branch.

Crash landing. Have a nice day.

TOH

• alanv
    alanv

The cart witnessing certainly isnt bringing in a lot of new converts. It was set up in my opinion to make the work easier for the jdubs. More hours can easily be achieved with this type of work. Also it shows an increase in regular pioneers as it is now so easy for them to get their time in. So its a way of showing some increase, because they cannot now rely on publisher increase. Their other short term solution is to show peak publishers, which has the affect of making the average publisher think there is good growth.

• dozy
    dozy
    It was set up in my opinion to make the work easier for the jdubs...

With respect , the Society never has an aim to make it "easier for the brothers". Their opinion is generally that most rank & file JWs are slackers and should work harder - hence the constant direction to "exert yourself vigorously" etc.

My impression is that many of the ex-JW posters assume that the GB has a strong degree of introspection and self analysis that simply doesn't exist in reality ( a point Ray Franz's books makes very clear. )

My take on the cart witnessing was that this was a brainchild of a GB member , started in New York and although the tangible results were negligible , it gave a good impression of activity to see JWs outside train stations & in high footfall traffic areas , so the GB decided to run with it.

Although 1.4% growth isn't great , it is still a lot better than many religions. To have even zero growth in Europe , for example , is to beat the trend of most of the established religions. The only ones in the UK showing any growth are "happy clappy" types or those using social / welfare type methods to get converts. I watched a program recently on born again Christians setting up a debt charity as a means of getting people to church https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0bmblny and the Trussell Trust https://www.trusselltrust.org/about/mission-and-values/ which runs food banks in the UK is basically a Christian front organisation.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    My take on the cart witnessing was that this was a brainchild of a GB member , started in New York and although the tangible results were negligible , it gave a good impression of activity to see JWs outside train stations & in high footfall traffic areas , so the GB decided to run with it.

That’s pretty much their own account of how it came about. There was a video about it shown at the meeting a few moths ago. It said that carts/metropolitan witnessing started as a special campaign in France, the GB decided to copy it in New York, they liked it and rolled it out across the world. They stopped using tables because carts are easier to transport.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit