More Silly Stuff from jw.org videos

by OnTheWayOut 30 Replies latest jw friends

• Khaleesi
    Khaleesi

He contradicted himself! !!! He said the bible doesn't say that the 2nd group of anointed bros don't have to be of old age for the "generation that will not pass away" for the conclusion of these system of things that "concerning that day & hour no one knows"!!!! EXACTLYYYY So why are you still saying it applies to " this" 21 century generation????? .... stop selling this NO ONE BUYS IT BECAUSE IT DOESN'T MAKE SENSE & "EVIDENTLY" Jesús wasn't referring to an overlapping generation!!!!

I am happy though, the org keep rehashing this proves many JWs are not buying this!!!

• millie210
    millie210

If I cared enough, it would be interesting to see if the word "generation" was many times used with the qualifier "wicked".

That sounds like it would be more of a Matthew - John concept using the words of Jesus .

Eccl. 1:4 mentions a generation used in the regular context and I am thinking many other versus do too.

• millie210
    millie210

Splane is evidently plagiarizing a chart I made a couple of years ago and posted here on JWN after the release of the Watchtower, January 15, 2014:

Oh I think this is exactly what they used....

some erstwhile GB "helper" surfing this site and copying your work and presenting it....the GB heaving sighs of relief because your chart was a "godsend" (dare I say??? lol)

So Oubliette, would you get to work on something to explain why/how they have used/lost all the money?

Im sure they would be ever so appreciative.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim
    With JW's ''wicked'' is used as very, very broad application. Anything not totally 100% in line with Borg theory, or practise is ''wicked''. It is an extremely well used word, probably equal in use if not greater than ''generation''.
  • sparky1
    sparky1

How Long Can a Generation Last?

The Greek word for generation is genea, used by Matthew, Mark and Luke in their accounts of Jesus words. It can have different applications according to the context. However, THE NEW INTERNATIONAL DICTIONARY OF NEW TESTAMENT THEOLOGY defines it as: "Those born at the same time...Associated with this is the meaning; the body of ones contemporaries, an age." A GREEK LEXICON OF THE NEW TESTAMENT states: "The sum total of those born at the same time, expanded to include all those living at a given time generation, contemporaries." These definitions allow for all those who were born around the time of a historic event and all those who were alive at that time.

J.A. Bengel states in his NEW TESTAMENT WORD STUDIES: "THE Hebrews....reckon seventy-five years as one generation, and the words, shall not pass away, intimate that the greater part of that generation (of Jesus day)indeed, but not the whole of it , should have passed away before all should be fulfilled."

AWAKE - April 8, 1988 pg 13+14

Hey Brother Governing Body Helper, I have a question for you. Don't you ever read what has been written in the past as TRUTH or do you just have a selective memory?

• cha ching
    cha ching

Thx OntheWayOut!

What I would love to see is a bunch of exJW's surround this guy (and others like him) and just laugh so hard when they say these stupid things, I would love to see them face REALITY!

Usually, JW's are just talking to JW's....Everyone knods their heads... This guy just has a video camera to talk to... It won't talk back to him, he cannot hear the audience laughing. Is everyone nowadays just thinking, "Can I keep my job? Can I make it to Warwick?"

• cha ching
    cha ching
    So, if there were wicked people living at the same time as righteous people were living, time would be different?
  • never a jw
    never a jw

You have to love when people do their homework. This guy was ready to support his argument.

• At minute 2 he refers to Mat 24:34 where Jesus talks to his disciples. Therefore this generation refers to anointed
    • Then "overlapping generations" is supported by the Watchtower April 15, 2010 "evidently..."
    • Then in January 15, 2014 brother Splane gives a more precise explanation
    • Then recently, in a video, brother Splane further expanded in the explanation introducing the linchpin: brother Franz.

Stephen Lett words apply here too, "there is more proof for the overlapping generations than there is for gravity, electricity and wind"

There you have it. Is there a better example of circular reasoning?

• LevelThePlayingField
    LevelThePlayingField
    He's so nervous in that he wants to be a puppet in the WT that it's obvious to me. He just keeps repeating, "the Watchtower said, the Watchtower said". Is there an original thought here? No, there is not! Why is that? That is because you cannot have the freedom of expression of thought my friend. Sorry.
  • JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad
    Kenneth Flodin a Helper and member of the Teaching Committee of Jehovah's Witnesses....what a joke!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit