The "Paradise" as promised by the Watchtower

by Saethydd 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Juan Viejo2
    Juan Viejo2

One night a friend and I were discussing the possibility of surviving Armageddon and living forever. I asked him what he would want to do if he made it through.

"I'd go boating down the Colorado River in a canoe without a life jacket," he offered. "Then I'd want to go over Niagra Falls." After further suggestions that he might want to ski down Mt. Everest, swim across the Pacific Ocean without any life support equipment and wrestle a shark or an Orca, I gave up on him.

"Hey! If you know you can't die - or if you do you will be restored automatically - why wouldn't you do those things. Remember "no pain or tears"?

So you could go for broke and take any chance you wanted. If you died, you'd be re-resurrected as long as you followed all the JW rules.

Makes you stop and think for a minute. Just what would happen if you were killed in an accident or stretched your luck too far?

JV

• Fisherman
    Fisherman
    something I have thought about many times. Revelation says that those numbered and killed after the millennial reign would be "as sand on a seashore.

So did I and that always worried me. And being the compassionate person that I am, I always prayed to God for them in advance hoping that maybe there is someway to help these people beforehand. I thought about this a lot and really felt sorry figuring that there must be some way to save all of them. I also was worried that I could be among these people; But I came to a realization. First, as it relates to me, my relationship with God is such that I trust him and I am not worried now what he will do to me.

Also, but as the verse you reference relates to others, take for example the people that were around with Jesus; all that Jesus did was to relieve suffering and do good things to all and to what result? -they crucify him.

Thus, patience has its limits and there comes a point where people have to be stopped. Take Satan for example -he just won't stop.

The Bible says that Satan and a lot of people will be thrown into the barbecue and that is the nature of reality and I cannot change the nature of reality. And if Satan and a lot of people come after me in the millennium, I have had enough already at this side of Armaggedon and so has everbody else. Enough already, no sentiment from me at that point in time; plead you care with God and leave me alone. What a whole bunch of people don't realize is that there is accountability, God is abundantly merciful but once someone initiates some form of attack against God's friends, He will hear their cry for help and use all His power to stop them.

• Half banana
    Half banana

A valid point Saethydd, perfect people like Adam and Eve can sin! Will Big J have to be testing people all the time in the JW paradise to catch them out or to prevent the arrival of a new Satan? Will he in his infinite loving kindness provide another saviour for the new sinners?

When scrutinized the idea of perfect people in a perfect society can only ever be a dream.

We don’t question the logic or reality of our nightly dreams but Biblical dreams are no different! No one ever has or could ever realize the dream of perfection.

To cling to unrealistic hopes completely wastes our potential in making our own lives more fulfilling in the here and now-- in the only life we will ever get.

When it actually comes to attempt a realization of the dreams promised by the Watchtower, it is about as practical as building a snowman on a tropical beach.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    "The 'Paradise' as promised by the Watchtower..."

...would be a neverending dystopian nightmare.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

and people still believe in this crap?

• Rainbow_Troll
    Rainbow_Troll
    Juan Viejo2: So what do you do after you've lived a thousand years? Ten thousand years?

When I was in the fifth grade I had a teacher who asked me this very question. She had dealt with JW students before and was pretty hostile towards the religion, but looking back I can see that she really was doing all she could to wake me up without getting her ass fired. I remember one day she caught me placing pamphlets inside student's desks when they were away at recess. That still makes me cringe.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

JUAN VIEJO:

Good posts about how things are supposed to be in the so-called paradise.

Lots of intelligent questions but absolutely no answers from JWs except the usual silly stuff that assumes Jehovah is going to snap His fingers and all the ugliness will disappear!

I always felt their paradise earth teaching had a lot of holes in it and I rid myself of this fantasy when I began my "fade" from the religion.

• Chook
    Chook

If a person who is disfellowshipped for an congregation offence that the WT no longer considers an offence . These persons aren't automatically reinstated , which prove God has zero input into who will live in WT garden. As a church WT focus on the blood and bone fertiliser left on the ground with the death of billions who didn't hear the message about the famous Pennsylvania printing company,its these poor souls who will fertilise their panda garden. Also all bird life just had smorgasbord on our sorry arses for not want ing allegiance to this corporation.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

OneViejoDosPatata said, "Hey! If you know you can't die - or if you do you will be restored automatically - why wouldn't you do those things. Remember "no pain or tears"?

I was told that people should respect the Creator's gift of life, and such actions would demonstrate disrespect and an attitude of "challenging" Yah-wad.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit