Do you ever just get frustrated?

by Aztec 34 Replies latest jw friends

• Aztec
    Aztec

Not necessarily with anything in particular, but, with the world in general? Watching the news is disturbing, there just seems to be so little compassion or empathy. Most of us are so spoiled and we don't even realize it! I lectured my son tonight on how spoiled he is and it didn't even occur to me that I am as well! I can sit here on the computer and chat with friends from all over the globe and there are people on this planet who haven't had a decent meal in who knows how long! This really bothers me! Bah! The inequity between the haves and have nots grows by leaps and bounds and there is little to be done to stop it. I'm just feeling a little frustrated and ineffectual. This is just my little rant for the day. ~Aztec

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

I know what you mean... sometimes I just turn off the news and stay in 'my little world' until I can get some balance back with my feelings. I grew up in the 50's and 60's, and it seems like the world has always been 'frustrating', yet with the immediacy of news gathering and dissemination we seem to take on more the the whole world's problems, or at least we're more aware of it.

The inequity between the haves and have nots grows by leaps and bounds and there is little to be done to stop it.

Believe it or not, I think it is better now than it use to be. Years ago, whole nations starved to death and little was done.

I know one thing that works for me, when I start feeling 'frustrated' with the way the world is, I start focusing on the positive things - children laughing and playing, people helping people, being more polite and smiling at strangers, good music and food, returning soldiers being greeted by their family members...etc. , etc.. the 'little things'..... we can only handle what we can handle......works, everytime.....

• teejay
    teejay

Aztec (and all the rest a y'all),

If you are reading this, then it means that you (dear reader) are in the upper echelon of humanity. You are evolution's greatest achievement.

Face it. Very few of any of the people we personally know (take a poll. I did) have a pc at home. They don't do the "email thing." They don't surf the web. JW.com? Give me a break – never heard of it.

Extending the point further out (and seriously): most people alive today don't have a clean place to sleep every single night. They can't go to the kitchen sink and get a drink of clean water. They will go to bed tonight hungry. Sorry, but it's true. They have no home. Most people on the planet live from day to day. And their children have it worse.

If you are reading this, you are among the select FEW who have it pretty damn good. Period.

Compared to everybody who's ever lived, we are nothing but royalty. Ya heard?

OTOH, every now and then I get pretty damned pissed with my effed up life, so I know EXACTLY where you're coming from, Azzy. So, what in the hell is wrong with me?

---

(END OF RANT)

• Aztec
    Aztec

*hear your rant and second it* Did you know that Bush and Blair got nominated for a Nobel "Peace" Prize for their war on Iraq? WTF? Aaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh!!!!! *Disgusted* (((teejay and double edge)))) Thank you for being disgruntled as well! :( ~Azzy

• Aztec
    Aztec

I can't post a damn link but here is the address... http://www.thememoryhole.org/war/gulfwar2/civilians.htm Very sick work for someone who is nominated for a peace prize...I think Alfed Nobel is turning in his grave! :( ~Azzy

• Aztec
    Aztec

:Years ago, whole nations starved to death and little was done.: And it is differant now, how? Check out Somalia sometime or Liberia? The world is an F*d up place! Grrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!! ~Azzy

• teejay
    teejay

I watched West Wing last night. On NBC. Did you see it?

For years, one of my sisters has tried her very best to get me to watch the show. Since it's been on, I've seen one episode all the way through. Last night was my second.

I'm a man. Understand? A real, live man. Unless it's about my 4 yr old, I don't cry for nothing. Ever. I'm here to tell ya... I got choked up more than once last night watching a damn TV show about the Presidency of our country. A show about a man who's up to doing the right goddamn thang... a man who's so different from the jerk who's in there now.

On TV, there was a man. Acting. Actor. Yeah... I know. But a man. Somebody not like Bush.

• bigboi
    bigboi

I feel what y'all are sayin here. In this society even the lowliest person is rasied to believe that we all can reach the greatest heights. Then as you get older and the years pass by you find out just how unfair life can be and that for most the odds are not in their favor. Still there is an awful amount of potential out there that can be harnessed for good or "doin the right thing". Yet it seems that most would rather see this potential wasted or use it to hurt others. I guess it's just one of life's mysteries.

• xenawarrior
    xenawarrior

Yeah, it gets frustrating. Have you thought of putting some of that frustration to practical use? Put some of that time to good use by volunteering for some of the many good causes out there to help some of the "have nots"?

Big Brothers/Big Sisters is a great organization and they are always looking for folks who will help out a child. The local homeless shelters and food pantries are always looking for volunteers to help out in any way they can. And the ESL groups are always looking for volunteers to help them as well.

Many of these organizations can use help even if there is little time available. Maybe they are sending out a mailing and need help stuffing envelopes and one could do that from their home in their spare time.

Lots of opportunities to help out there.

XW

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

Yeah I can relate to this.

TeeJay, I like your picture,,,,,,,,, .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit