Help Finding Poster's Challenge
Hey @days of future passed, that's exactly what I've been doing the last few days. And with no such luck :(. It's honestly doing my head in. I really appreciate your time in chipping in to help me. Thank you.
You know, I had something like this happen to me too. I couldn't find a post either even when I went back page after page. Then out of no where it was there.
The eternal triangle of missing socks, posts and car keys.
@days of future passed At least my car keys show up when I change my son's diaper (that kid swallows everything). If he could sh*t out the answer to this missing post I'm looking for, I might thank the Lord for the best miracle yet.
Well I think I found your post. But I can't cut and paste it. But maybe it isn't since it is old.
It's from a poster named Terry from 4 years ago. The title is "An open Challenge to active JW's"
Hahaha I'm crazy but I think this is the last try for me.
You are such a gem, @days of future passed. I wish I could buy you a drink right now just to thank you for your efforts. This is the post you found, yeah?:
'How can the following be proved to be scriptural?
What possible evidence supports these teachings and policies?
1. Jesus surveyed all christian denominations and chose the "anointed" under Judge Rutherford for his approved church in the year 1919.
2. Charles Russell predicted 1914 was date for the return of Christ rather than Armageddon.
3. There are two classes of saved christians and the majority will not have a heavenly hope.
4. The bible is only written for the anointed and not the majority of christians who must, instead, turn to the Governing Body.
5. Jesus is NOT the mediator between Jehovah and the great crowd of worshippers but the Governing Body itself is.
6. Declaring apostasy when any member diaagrees with the men of the GB or the Elders who parrot their policies.
7. Branch committees and not local congregations decide who is a child molestor and who will be declared a predator. Notifying the police is not automatic procedure.
8. Declaring it a disfellowship offense for mothers to speak a greeting to DF'd children. Family must shun ex-members even if they aren't speaking out against the religion.
Where is your verification these Watchtower policies aren't just the opinions, prejudices and whims of ordinary human despots pretending to be the only true "channel" of the living God?'
Unfortunately, it's not the right one :(. The poster's challenge was so recent and it was a comment (not a thread started) pertaining specifically to the New Covenant and helping Witnesses see that unless they are a part of this group, they are without hope/salvation.
Come on guys... someone has to remember! I have this fantasy deep down that my father - a WT slave for decades who IS cerebral enough to value sincere doctrine - will take on this challenge and just MAYBE start having second thoughts about the WTBTS.
Hi there--I remember the comment you are talking about. I believe it was a comment posted by "Perry"
@ EyesOpenHeartBroken is probably a genius
The poster "Perry" has a thing about the "New Covenant" - that's probably the post you are thinking of.
You can find the user and then click on "started" or "see topics posted on". Since you're pretty sure it was within the past month, it shouldn't be hard to find.
YOU GUYS ARE THE BEST!!! Thank you so much, @jaydee - the comment was on that thread!! @EyesOpenHeartBroken and @sir82, you knew exactly whose comment I was looking for. Massive thank you to everyone for putting their heads together to help me find @Perry's comment:
1. First, you must make the loved one admit that they are NOT PART of the New Covenant. Note: This may require reminding them that they do not partake of the emblems at the Memorial service.
2. Then, you must establish what the New Covenant is for. Matt. 26: 27 & 28 makes CLEAR that the New Covenant is FOR THE FORGIVENESS OF SINS (not only govt. positions like the WT says).
3. Then go over to Hebrews 9:27 where it reads that we will all be judged AFTER we die.
4. Then, challenge your family member to find EVEN ONE New Testament scripture that shows how a person can get their sins forgiven while OUTSIDE of the New Covenant.
5. Tell them that when they find that scripture, you'd be happy to go with them to the Kingdom Hall. You can remind them of this condition again & again over time.
6. Be prepared to remind them that regardless of the time period a believer finds himself in, (pre trib, during, or post tribulation) , after the sacrifice at Calvary ALL get their sins forgiven the EXACT SAME WAY - through the blood covenant of Christ.
This is clear at Rev. 7: 14 which says of the great crowd: "they have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb". NOTE: Destination, ie. heaven or earth has nothing whatsoever to do with Justification (getting your sins forgiven).
Is. 64: 6 reminds us that not only are our sins unacceptable, but even our so-called righteous acts are unclean before God if not covered by the blood. - "all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags". - KJV
7. Let your family member know that you are fearful of being condemned by God and so you are seeking protection through the blood of the lamb, similar to what the Israelites did on the first Passover in Egypt when they applied the blood of a lamb to the post and header of their doors to avoid being condemned.
Jesus once said that even if a person just looked at another with lust, they were guilty of fornication. Ask them if they ever did something like that. Ask them if they are concerned about their own judgment in light of Jesus' words.
Tell them again and again until they get it that the reason we all need a PERSONAL SAVIOR is because Hebrews 9: 27 states clearly that their will be a PERSONAL JUDGMENT.
Keep repeating your challenge over time about wanting to know how to get your sins forgiven while outside of the New Covenant. Remind them that they are the one that cannot answer this question, not you. Remind them that personal judgment is coming for all of us.
Confirming the fact that the rank and file JW does not have their sins forgiven, incredibly the WT printed this in 1938 WT pg. 104, 105: "
the "other sheep" are in a different condition .... not even justified".
Tell them that you want to be justified, made right with God.
Remind them that even the WT acknowledges that Jesus is the Mediator for ONLY those who are part of the New Covenant. He is not a Mediator for those outside of this arrangement - the rank and file JW. 4/1/79 WT p.31
Wake me up , those are rock stable doctrinal destructive arguments, may your saving endeavours be blessed.